crowleyandpo

How do I get my overhead phone cable moved?

Hi.

We're having an extension built on the side of our house at the moment. Unfortunately, the new roof is being built right across where the telephone cable connects to the existing house from the telegraph pole.

Was hoping that someone might know how to go about getting it moved?

I have phoned Customer Services today, and didn't get anywhere. The lady thought (i) I wanted to move house, (ii) I wanted an extension to my current line and then (iii) had a system error which meant she had to log off. She promised to phone me straight back but nothing yet. :-(

Does anyone know of a different phone number to call or a different procedure to use. (I've looked on the bt.com help but couldn't find any clues).

Thanks!

Contributor
meman887

Re: How do I get my overhead phone cable moved?

Drop an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com along with your BT account details, along with your post link and one of the moderators will get back to you.

But to answer part of your question, if your needing the cable moved because of having an extension built, then expect a bill of £127.00 (if I remember correctly for an Engineer visit) and the possibility of other added expenses on top of that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Motto:
Going to kill my HomeHub 2 very soon. :smileyhappy:
crowleyandpo

Re: How do I get my overhead phone cable moved?

Thanks! I'm following your instructions right now.