ARCHANA420
Accepted Solution

How do I register my address with BT?

Hello!

I recently moved to a newly built flat, part of new development. The address is register with royal mail and water. The landlord did receive a letter from BT but the last two letters of the postcode was incorrect. I was informed by the landlord that a bt line has been installed and all I need to do is call BT for creating an account. Previously I had my tv, phone and broadband through SKY. I called SKY to have my services up running in my new property. Unfortunately I was only successful with my TV. I was told by SKY that due lack of exchange server near my area the provision of phone and braodband is not possible.  I was also advised to contact BT to sort the problem. I tried reaching Openreach initially and they told me my address is not found in their BT database. Fewdays later, I wwas able to pick up another SKY wifi broadband signal in my laptop and so called SKY to discuss it further. This time I was informed that exchange server might be available and due to lack of provision for lines they will not be able to provide me any service. I did not spare them and demanded for more clarification. Finally I realised that the CSA was guessing the situation from my input as he had not access to the exchange server in my area. All he knew was that my postcode doesn't in his system and I was asked to call BT and register my address. 

In the meantime, I did contact BT and placed an order for a new phone line. At thie point in time, I am not sure if I will really get a phone line and broadband. I was told by BT Sales agent that for sure they will get me a phone line first and then a week later my broadband will be sorted.

I'm desparately in need of a phoneline and broadband. Any help to resolve my problem will be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards,

Fred

Sage
john46

Re: How do I register my address with BT?

As your provider is sky there is nothing BT Retail who operate this forum can do to help you as they are a service provider just like sky Openreach are responsible for the installation and maintenance of the lines and exchange equipment therefore it is up to sky to contact Openreach and arrange for your line to be installed
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Expert
Reed_Richards

Judging from other post on this forum, BT Openreach rely heavily on post codes.  If BT Openreach have the wrong post code (or no post code) in their records then you and everybody else in the development may suffer difficulties.  This is really a matter that your landlord needs to address, isn't it?    

malhosau27

[ Edited ]
Hey, I have just read your mail and found it too similar to my case.
I am also going through the same phase.
We have just moved In a brand new development in canning town.
My provider for broadband and telephone line is Sky.
Everytime I contact to home move department to move our connection to new home , they always replied us by saying that they cannot find my address in BT openreach database.
I don't understand why they need my address to be registered with BT Openreach .
These days I am using BT openreach wifi hotspot and two devices are already placed in our home, even then our address in not registered in their database.
Also I have no idea whom to contact for registering my address.
I would be really helpful to you if you please let me know what success you have got in connecting SKY, so that I will also do the same.

Thanks,
Pallavi
Sage
john46

as you are a sky customer you will not be on a BT data base until the line is moved from sky to BT also you are using a BT Openzone WiFi connection not Openreach you need to contact sky to move your line
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’