Cathieanne
Accepted Solution

How to activate privacy in the home

Hi I am not sure if this has been asked before.  I have just had a phone installed and seen from the package info that BT privacy in the home (and caller display) is an inclusive feature.  I can see no place to opt in.  Any ideas?

Thanks

C

Sage
john46

Re: How to activate privacy in the home

Phone BT sales andask for the free BT privacy packageincluding freecaller display phone 150
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Cathieanne

Thanks for the reply.  I already have a phone with caller display functionality.  Is there any way to opt in on the website or via email.  I am at work and unable to phone!

Thanks in advance.

Sage
john46

No unfortunately you need to phone BT sales are open till at least 8pm and at weekends
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Cathieanne

OK thanks.

Thats a bit useless for an inclusive call plan to already have these features yet they are not installed.  Not all people have availability to call the 'sales'

oh well guess i will have to do without!!!!!

Sage
john46

An all inclusive cal plan relatesto the calls you can make not the features available there are many features you can have but you needto order them seperatly sales are available 8 am to 8pm and at weekends most people can find a few minutes in that time to. Phone I am sure!!!!
Cathieanne

Thanks for replying in my services it says they are included so it was a fiar asumption that I would already have them.  Unfortunately 'most people' does not reply to everyone!!!thanks for the info I will try see if someone else can phone for me.  As really need the caller id!

Cathieanne

Just to add managed to get this solved.  Emailed BT cust care and they activated these services very promptly.

Thanks for all your help.

mike-w

Hi

My in-laws are having the same problem finding out how to 'opt-in' for the optional free/included caller display / BT privacy and 1571 services. What is the email address for the BT cust care dept you contacted please?

Thanks

Mike