Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

How to get a PAC number

Hi,

I currently have a HTC phone which was a freebie with my BT Home Hub many years ago, it has served me well but it is old and I need to move on with technology. So I have just ordered a new mobile with another network but wish to keep my existing mobile number, for which I believe I need a PAC number. Where can I get this from please.

It is unfortunate that BT do not appear to provide mobile phones.

Many thanks

Andy

Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

Re: How to get a PAC number

Hi, I assume your mobile number is with one of the mobile companies like EE, o2, Vodaphone etc.? I changed my pay-as-you-go mobile phone 'supplier' but kept my 'old' number that I've had for going on 14 years (I kept the same phone but put a replacement SIM card in) recently & the new company I'm with sorted it all out for me - admittedly I 'chatted' with the new company online & their operator sorted out the movement for me. I did this because the mobile signal at our home virtually disappeared when it had been quite healthy previously!

Beginner
0 Ratings

No my mobile is with BT at the moment and I am buying a new mobile which will be with another network. I am just asking where in BT I can get the PAC number, so I can keep my old BT mobile number and use it on the new phone.

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

If you use the normal contact number 0800 800 150, and when it asks you for your phone number, simply enter your mobile number, and it should re-direct you to the BT Mobile team.

The other number you can try is 0800 169 0850, which I think goes directly to BT mobile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp is back online. Some links may be out-of-date, but I will update them when I get time.

Beginner
0 Ratings

Many thanks Keith.

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Andydriver53 wrote:

Many thanks Keith.

If you do find the best way to get the PAC number, then please post it here, so others know. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp is back online. Some links may be out-of-date, but I will update them when I get time.

Beginner
0 Ratings

Will do.

Highlighted
Beginner
0 Ratings

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the advice on phone numbers, that was a great help

Got PAC number sorted as follows,

Phoned 0800 800 150,

Askedby automatic voice  to state why phoning - Replied PAC number

Then asked if joining BT - Replied No

Then Press option 2 and enter mobile number

All going well at this point then ended up being passed around about 3 times until reached the right person.

They asked for BT Account Number.

Confirmed mobile number.

Then they had to read out Industry Guidelines.

Then was issued with the PAC Code.

Went on line to new network provider entered in on their web page and everything went through ok.

So quite painless and the BT service was on the whole good.

I have just checked and the BT mobile account is now discontinued.

The only concern I had was that I had checked this forum and had found that apparently certain network providers wouldn't port over the infamous 07777 numbers, but this wasn't a problem for me.

Thanks again.

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

I am pleased you got it sorted.

I have added a link to your post, on my website, as its a question that has been asked a few times before.

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

July 2014 update on getting a PAC for BT Mobile.

No apologies for resurrecting this since things have moved on.

1. Number 0800 169 0850 is no longer in operation so only option is 0800 800 0150.

2. The automated voice response does not understand anything to do with PAC, Mobile, etc - nearest option is MAC but telling it "NO" makes no difference so you might just as well talk gibberish until it gives you the number options.

3. Selected (4) = leaving service, and then option (2) and typed in Mobile number and here begins the tale of woe.

4. First advisor asks me what I want and then transfers me to a phone number that responds with the typical "cannot connect to that number" before disconnecting.

5. Redial and try again, Second advisor queries whether I really have a BT Mobile - actually i have two - but clearly this is not going to be a good experience. Eventually transferred to another number which answers but disconnects.

6. Redial and try again. Third advisor answers and I request that if he is going to transfer me, let me know who to since is my 3rd attempt. But he actually knows about BT Anywhere!! Took a couple of attemps to forward me to a colleague and this is successful - well done whoever you were.

7. I then speak to Glenn (who when asked later tells me he is from Easy Assist group - seems they are the guys/gals who deal with the queries no one else knows about). Glenn talks me through the process, identifies both my BT Mobile numbers and explains the best way to proceed. Provides me with a PAC number (I'll do the secondary one first and go back agan for the primary one - do not start with the primary number or both will be cancelled).

8. I'm assuming all will be ok but kudos to GLENN of Easy Assist for understanding what was needed. He made up for the lack of experience/training of his colelagues.

9. I will be moving both numbers from BT - I didn't intend to but can't cope with trying again in 6 months time!

10. Anyone want 2 x working HTC610 ;-)  Really!

Regards

Ian