Beginner
andyjb19
Accepted Solution

Loud Clicking noise on phone line.

Just a little help if anyone has had the same problem as I have at the moment?,My phone line was working fine upto noon yesterday and then all of a sudden,there was a loud clicking noise on my phoneline,I can make and receive calls but with this loud clicking noise in the back ground and also noticed when the noise started I had no broadband signal anymore and could not connect to the Internet and has been down ever since,I did call BT faults but all was being told was that it was my equipments fault as nothing was found wrong with the line,I've tried another phone a spare homehub and still the clicking is there,(so how can it be my equipment).So has anyone else had this problem and do they know what was wrong or any serious suggestions.Hope someone here can help. Thanks In hope Andyjb19.
Guru
Devon_Dave

Re: Loud Clicking noise on phone line.

The problem is the BB equipment in the exchange causing the problem, just to 100% make sure try another phone into the test socket with all other equipment disconnected. Call 151 again and explain this, they will want to make an appointment to book an engineer.

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Expert
hamish72

Had exactly that problem

Can the operator also hear the noise ?

When I called to report the fault the operator could hear the noise and thought it was some sort of test from engineers and it just disappeared overnight

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

Guru
Devon_Dave

As Hamish says, when you talk to the fault advisor ask if they can hear the promlem, if they can ask them to put a note to this on your fault report.

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Beginner
andyjb19

Cheers for all of your help guys,yea it was a fault with the BB equipment in the exchange..surprise,surprise,even after saying this to the fault desk operator when the fault was reported,but all sorted now and again many thanks for all of your help and support. Andyjb19.

davidbob

I have the same problem on my phone line.

The BT operator could hear it, but said they'd never heard of this before and would have to send an engineer...!!

It means I now have to take a day off for them to solve a problem at their exchange, great!

Aspiring Contributor
teabag

i had this problem on and off and still get it now and again at the time bt operator said they would send someone out engineer came out line was okay at the time consequently BT charged me £120 call out charge 3 months later so be careful i got the charge refunded eventually after a lot of hassle