lisa_uk_leics

New phone, works but does not ring.

I have purchased a new phone, it is working fine but on one extension it works but does not ring out when a call comes through. Any ideas what this could be, it can be used for calls etc. but just doesn't ring?

A lose wire in the extension? incompatible extension socket to phone?

Sage
imjolly

Re: New phone, works but does not ring.

is it a particular extension socket that has a problem - does it work when using the master socket? or test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

If it works in your master socket, then there must be a fault somewhere in your extension wiring, broken wire perhaps?

There is some help here http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/wiring_info.htm

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

lisa_uk_leics

Thanks I will try and figure out the wiring.

Works fine in main socket, just doesn't ring on the extension.

Sage
imjolly

check the wires are not loose on the back of the bottom half of the main socket and in the extension socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.