Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Ratings

New to BT today - Broadband working but not landline

Hi,

I've moved over from Sky to BT today. The broadband has worked since lunchtime but I've had no dial tone on the landline. Is this normal ? It says to wait until midnight on the trouble shooting but I just think it's weird the one is working not the other.

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks
Aspiring Expert
0 Ratings

Re: New to BT today - Broadband working but not landline

Sky use their own LLU TAM Equipment in the Exchange, BT use thir own Concentractor or LIC. You would have been moved from the LLU TAM to the Concentrator/LIC by a Frames Engineer.

Best guess is the Concentrator/LIC was held under what they call; 'Reserved Equipment'. The dial tone needs to be released by Openreach. Really the Frames guy should have used to automated platform to do it but they all assume because there's a Frames Jumper Activity there is also a Customer Installation Activity so leave it up to the CAL/OMI Engineer to release dial tone.

This isn't always the case though, needing a CAL/OMI Engineer visit. The Frames guy should realise that when he/she is putting the jumper back through to the original Bar Pair it was on for the LLU TAM.

Recognised Expert
0 Ratings

Re: New to BT today - Broadband working but not landline

Are you keeping your current telephone number and porting it from Sky to BT ?, if so then the porting part of the job may be the problem, but you may find getting it sorted out isn't quick or easy, if you are getting a new number from BT then this obviously won't be the problem