Aspiring Contributor
REM996

Re: No dialling tone on landline - broadband connects ok

PS I did try to do a line test from BT website but said couldn't as no fault registered.

Guru
Devon_Dave

If you have plugged direct into the test socket, that is as much as you can do. Providing you are certain that the cordless works ok. Maybe borrow a phone from a neighbour.

If you are happy you have done all this give faults a call on 0800 800 151, you would only be charged for the visit if the fault was on your equipment or if you have damaged the cable within the boundry of your property

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
max
max

Hi, Have reported the fault online, surely they should get back to me.....................object to having to incur premium rate call calling an 0800 number from my mobile. Thanks
Aspiring Contributor
REM996

Hi, they are brand new phones, I initially thought it was my phones that were broken as I'd had them ages, so replaced them and still have the problem.

Will try and borrow neighbours phone to double check.

Thanks

Guru
Devon_Dave

[ Edited ]

I am afraid it is not BT's fault that your mobile phone provider charges for freephone numbers.

There is a 0330 number that BT use for fault reporting that although not free can be part of inclusive minutes.
You can call them on 03301234151

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Aspiring Contributor
REM996

Getting a bit confusing this coz there are now 2 complaints on my original request!