MJM001

OpenReach

Hi All,

I am new to this but currently seriously annoyed with bt And OpenReach. In early November I paid upfront over £400 to have an unsightly telegraph pole removed from outside my property. Just before Christmas two engineers turned up took a look at the work and decided that also needed a cherry picker. I asked them when they were likely to return to carry out the work, which they decided would be directly after Christmas.

Anyway, they eventually appeared unannounced on the 4th January at approximately 1600hrs as I was about to go for a training run. They had departed by the time that I arrived back and had told my partner that all was in order. I subsequently discovered that all was was not in fact in order, as I now had no telegraph pole, or telephone connection or broadband either.  Furious I rang bt to be eventually connected to a call centre in India. The poor unfortunate young lady on the other end got the rough end of my fury and she ended up informing me that bt would be able to fix matters in a week's time. This was like waving a red rag to a bull, especially as I use broadbwork to carry out some of my work. In he end the young lady informed that she would arrange her supervisor tip ring me on Saturday morning between 9am and 11am. I cancelled my previous commitments for Saturday morning and eagerly awaited the call which did not come. I then spent over two hours ringing around the multitude of options bt offer trying to get hold of a human being to talk to. I was unsuccessful and eventually found a way to email my complaint to bt requesting that someone ring me urgently.

I am none the wiser and will be in time venting my frustrations out on the bone heads who have devised this ridiculous scheme of options that send individuals around a system in the hope that they will give up.

A very disgruntled bt customer.

MJM

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: OpenReach

Openreach are a separate company, so its no use complaining to BT Retail.

You can use this form to complain to Openreach.

Tell Openreach about their people, good or bad.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Guru
Devon_Dave

Openreach did what you asked. They took the telephone pole away!!!
(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Guru
ryant704

Devon_Dave wrote:
Openreach did what you asked. They took the telephone pole away!!!

Yeah, agree on this part but I still think they should make aware of the changes what will happen.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
ssc
ssc

Following on from my last post and assuming this is the topic for Open Reach

After 40+ years with BT I am changing to another provider.  The switch was Mar 1 and I was assured I wouldn't even notice the change.  

Afte a whole week of complaining Open Reach were to come out on Friday 8th  - I had to be available all day, and the electronic security gates had to be left open.  No-one called and there was no contact.  My new service provider said they would call today - Monday 11th and despite my contacting them several times so far there is no further progress

Surely in this day and age service like this is totally unacceptable.  This is a buisness line and I pay extra for speedy repair service.

There seem absolutely NO way of logging ones disatisfaction with the service provided.  If my internet was still on landline and not radio signal I would be totally out of communiation.

I shall be contacting my local councillor and MP and will search the internet to find as many places as possible to make it clear how Open Reach (BT) behaves towards its customers.  

Expert
Deathtrap3000

ssc wrote:

Following on from my last post and assuming this is the topic for Open Reach

After 40+ years with BT I am changing to another provider.  The switch was Mar 1 and I was assured I wouldn't even notice the change.  

Afte a whole week of complaining Open Reach were to come out on Friday 8th  - I had to be available all day, and the electronic security gates had to be left open.  No-one called and there was no contact.  My new service provider said they would call today - Monday 11th and despite my contacting them several times so far there is no further progress

Surely in this day and age service like this is totally unacceptable.  This is a buisness line and I pay extra for speedy repair service.

There seem absolutely NO way of logging ones disatisfaction with the service provided.  If my internet was still on landline and not radio signal I would be totally out of communiation.

I shall be contacting my local councillor and MP and will search the internet to find as many places as possible to make it clear how Open Reach (BT) behaves towards its customers.  

FYI you are not a customer of openreach, but a customer of bt retail. If you have a problem, its up to bt retail to liase with openreach to get it sorted.