Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
0 Ratings

Paperless billing discounts

[ Edited ]

Is the quarterly discount of £3.75 for paperless billing being scrapped at the same time as the introduction of the December price increases?

Anyone know why?

Distinguished Guru
0 Ratings

Re: Paperless billing discounts

Hi Fahrenheit_212 and welcome

I too have heard this, though BT have not notified me in writing of this change, nor the price increase.

I have no idea why they're reportedly doing this

If they do remove the paper free discount, there's no point in me carrying on with paperless billing, so will opt back to a paper bill as this saves my printer ink, my paper, my time, my (small amount of) electricity and the hassle of using another browser to view my bill in the first place (the latter is a long story, but mentioned some where on these forums)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings

Great, getting scr*..d again, not as if they don't make massive profit already

Anyone who was on our paper-free discount could benefit from our Line Rental Saver deal1. You can cut your line rental from £14.60 a month to £10 a month by paying upfront for a year. That's over £50 a year off your bill. Sign up here.
(you have to stick to e-billing.)

We're making some changes to the prices of our products and services from 3 December 2011. We're putting up standard monthly line rental by 70p, removing the paper-free discount, and changing some call charges, as well as changing the prices for broadband and some other services. You'll find all the details here.

We know no one likes it when prices go up. That's why we've kept the rises as low as we can and the cost of more than half of our products and services won't change at all.

On top of that, the cost of standard monthly line rental, calls to UK* landlines and our Unlimited Anytime Plan won't rise again until 2013.

Guru
0 Ratings

i8lufc wrote:

Great, getting scr*..d again, not as if they don't make massive profit already

Anyone who was on our paper-free discount could benefit from our Line Rental Saver deal1. You can cut your line rental from £14.60 a month to £10 a month by paying upfront for a year. That's over £50 a year off your bill. Sign up here.
(you have to stick to e-billing.)

We're making some changes to the prices of our products and services from 3 December 2011. We're putting up standard monthly line rental by 70p, removing the paper-free discount, and changing some call charges, as well as changing the prices for broadband and some other services. You'll find all the details here.

We know no one likes it when prices go up. That's why we've kept the rises as low as we can and the cost of more than half of our products and services won't change at all.

On top of that, the cost of standard monthly line rental, calls to UK* landlines and our Unlimited Anytime Plan won't rise again until 2013.

Yes that is correct, Line Rental Saver requires you to use paperless billing.

toekneem

(EASBF)

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

I anticipate moving within the next two months so I'm not signing up for the Line Saver Rental. Where do I find the option to revert to paper billing?

Phone supplier: BT
Broadband: Plusnet
Beginner
0 Ratings

Well it looks like with Line Rental Saver I'm saving more money after the December increase than before.

A few days ago I was paying line rental at £13.90 minus £1.25 paperless billing discount = £12.65 (paying by DD)

Switched to LIne Rental Saver (you have to use paperless billing to qualify) of £120 (one off payment) for 12 months so the line rental is equivalent to £10 a month therefore the saving was £2.65.

Now if I understand it correctly in a few days time the line rental increases to £14.60 a month with no discount for paperless billing but the Line Rental Saver is still equivalent to £10 a month so if the maths are correct I will now save £4.60 a month having switched to the Line Rental Saver despite all the changes.

Somehow that seems too good to be true.

Guru
0 Ratings

jelv wrote:

I anticipate moving within the next two months so I'm not signing up for the Line Saver Rental. Where do I find the option to revert to paper billing?

Hi jelv, you can do that via Live Chat here:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

Mon-Fri 8-9

toekneem

(EASBF)