Contributor
forbesk
Accepted Solution

Phone number for BT openreach?

I have been without a phone line for 4 weeks now, so much for BT's declared aim of fixing faults within 3-4 working days!

I have spoken to BT's "customer service team" on at least 12 occasions and have been told the line would be fixed by the 10th, the 14th, the 16th, the 22nd and then the 24th of January, here we are on the 25th and still no phone or broadband despite the fact they had the bare faced cheek to bill me!

I spoke to someone in India yet again this morning and she told me the line would be fixed by Monday. I asked when was the engineer going to need access to my house, she said she did not know but BT openreach would phone my mobile and arrange access giving me 2 days notice. So just to clarify here we are 3 days before the date my line is going to be fixed and the BT openreach engineer is going to phone me 2 days before they need access! It's quite clear to me that my line is not going to be fixed and I am being told complete lies.

After that call I thought I'd go direct to openreach, looked at their website, couldn't find a phone number. Called up directory enquiries and it seems they don't have a phone number. Is it just me or does anyone else find it a little odd that a telecoms company does not have a phone line? I find it highly ironic they have the nerve to call themselves "openreach", Open? Reachable? Anything but!

Does anyone have the number?

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Phone number for BT openreach?

Openreach are a separate company and only deal with Service Providers, not end users.

Service Providers contact Openreach via a special service centre.

This is only a custome to customer forum, however

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to find out why Openreach are taking so long to repair your fault.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Guru
Devon_Dave

Openreach do not deal with customers face to face.

You will have to make all your enquirys to your comms provider or your ISP.

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Guru
ryant704

Devon_Dave wrote:

Openreach do not deal with customers face to face.

You will have to make all your enquirys to your comms provider or your ISP.

Your comment implies they will deal with all directed messages to Openreach online, would advise changing it as some may get the wrong idea.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
Contributor
forbesk

Openreach are part of the BT group, the clue's in the name BTOPENREACH!

Would I like to contact BT care team? Is there any point? I have spoken to numerous BT staff from "customers services" and the complaints department from both UK and India and just get fobbed off by excuses and lies all the time, THIS IS WHY I WANT TO SPEAK TO THOSE RESONSIBLE DIRECTLY!

Three working days, you think that is acceptable when I have already been wirthout the service I pay for for 4 weeks?

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

[ Edited ]

Correction, their name is simply Openreach, it a common mistake that people make.

See

Who are Openreach?

This is only a customer to customer forum, the BT care team are the only people who can help here.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Contributor
forbesk

Seriously? BTOpenreach or "Openreach a BT Group Business" Does that make a huge difference to you? It all boils down to the same thing a BT company controls my phone line and I cannot go elsewhere for a telecom's service no matter how poor or expensive the service from BT gets. So much for a competitive market.

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

It makes no difference to me, as I am just a customer, and do not work for BT, I am quite happy with the arrangement, as its fair to all of the Service Providers.

Contributor
forbesk

Surely it is customers not service providers that deserve a fair service? It is quite clear from reading these forums that I am only one of a huge amount of the population who are not getting a fair service.

Community Manager
SeanD

Hi Forbesk,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am so sorry that you have been without a phone for so long.  It shouldn't be up to you to call Openreach to find out when you will get a visit from and engineer.  The other guys are correct Openreach will not deal with this issue for you, this is down to us your service provider.  I would be happy to look into this for you.

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Openreach will only deal with service providers. 

Cheers

Sean

BTCare Community Manager

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry that we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)