Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

Re: Incorrect openreach address

[ Edited ]

I am having the exact same problem and have been asking for this to be corrected since 2009!  Please tell me you can help?  Thanks  Jayne

Hi @JBee Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. 

We can only correct records for customers who have their phone line with BT Retail.
The address can only be updated to an address listed with Royal Mail.

If you meet this criteria we will be happy to help you get the records corrected if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You

Hi @JBee,

Thanks for sending over the details. We deal with enquiries in turn so once you reach the top of the queue either myself or one of the other moderators will be in touch.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You

Hi @JBee,

Thank you for sending in your details. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had in getting your address details corrected. I've raised this with Openreach. It normally takes them around 5 working days to respond. I'll get back in touch with you as soon as I get word back.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings

Hi @JBee,

I gave your home number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today. 

There is a bit of a delay in us correcting the address details. There is an open order on your account that we need to complete before we progress the request with Openreach. The order is due to complete on the 20th and I'll get back in touch with you then.

Please accept my apology for the delay.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Thank you PaddyB, unfortunately my activation date has come... and gone.....   and my BT Infinity order has not been started!  Can you please look into why this is?  Is it maybe that Openreach have the incorrect address?  Thanks in advance JBee

Hi @JBee Sorry that your Infinity service has not been activated. Paddy is off on leave at the moment so I will check into this for you to find out whats gone wrong and get back to you.

cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Hi @JohnC2, Just had a quick look at Openreach's network checker and it shows two different cabinet numbers (15 & 26)depending on whether you use my correct address or the one Openreach have. Could this be the issue, wrong cabinet? Thanks
0 Ratings

Hi @JBee That could well be the problem and in that case we will need to cancel the order and get the address corrected and then replace the order. Do you want to wait until I get the update from Openreach tomorrow? or should I request the order to be cancelled now and then we can request for the address corrected.

cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Hi John, I am happy to wait until tomorrow in case they figure this out for themselves, however, I am assuming my current BT broadband/phone line is coming off the wrong cabinet as that's the address they are using? In which case, am I at risk of losing my phone line too? If, when they update you, they say it's still a 'network error', please cancel the order, have them correct the address and replace the order. I am assuming I will be refunded the difference between broadband and Infinity for this period? Thanks again JBee