Contributor
meman887
Accepted Solution

Receiving calls from own phone number

Received two calls from my own home phone number this morning to which I find strange. So I was wondering, is BT doing some weird automated stuff? Or is someone at BT having a laugh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Motto:
Going to kill my HomeHub 2 very soon. :smileyhappy:
Aspiring Expert
peterwt

Re: Receiving calls from own phone number

Did you answer the call and if so who was it? If you found it using 1471 and you have Call Minder then it would be Call Minder ringing you. If you are on a call and a second call comes in Call Minder will take the call. Call Minder then rings you back when your line is free.

Peter
Contributor
caerdydd

Would get it as well with BT Text when a message is being presented as voice.
Contributor
meman887

[ Edited ]

Well the truth is the first time the phone was picked up, there was no answer on the other end as though the person hung up, and the second time I never bothered to pick up the phone. And I know Call Minder doesn't apply to me because I haven't added that service.

The only services I have bothered with are these.

BT Privacy at home

BT Answer 1571 (the free one and not premium)

BT Caller Display

But what caerdydd said, I'll put it down to being that seeing how that would be the only other thing that would do it, since I did have a voice text left behind on BT Answer (which I kinda forgot to mention).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Motto:
Going to kill my HomeHub 2 very soon. :smileyhappy: