Aspiring Contributor
MeesterD

Should Hud Phones actually work reliably?

Been suffering for many moons.

We have a "new-style" BT hub with a hub phone 2.1 connected directly to it.  Also, 3 old-school hub phones 1010's connected.

First all the hub phone 1010's randomly decide to not to ring when and inbound call is made .. I've tried de-registering them - removing the batteries but have never managed to work out what the issue is.  They'll work for a day or so then 2 of them will never ring, one does... mostly... (the 2.1 phone pretty much always rings though).

Second, the 'dial-5' to use your landline again randomly works (from any phone) ... restarting the hub will cure the issue.  I've also being aware that an in-bound call has caused the hub to restart.  (we have all the hub phones ringing when both the landline or bt broadband talk is rung)

Finally, the hub is becoming more and more unstable; it crashes (restarts itself) every couple of days ; I suppose that it could just be people calling in on the land line thinking about it.

So... should I expect this to work; I just want the 4 hub phones to ring when either number is called and be able to ring out on either the land line or broadband talk line.

Hub Software is running Software version 8.1.H.J (Type A).

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Distinguished Guru
DS

Re: Should Hud Phones actually work reliably?

Hi MeesterD and welcome

Have you tried this - http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/howto3.html#type4

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Aspiring Contributor
MeesterD

Thanks for that... I'll give it a go and report back (hopefully with good news!)

Aspiring Contributor
MeesterD

hi there. Update for you. Discovered this morning that trying to press 5 for a land line outbound call just gives a dead response; using the broadband talk works fine though. Inbound call to the land line will cause the hub 2.1 phone to ring, but the other 1010 (or 1020's) not to. Power cycling the hub then allows outbound calls using the land line then works.
Guru
Devon_Dave

Only problems I have had is the poor quality rechargable batteries BT supply with the hubphone, they just don't hold their charge. Won't last for a long phone call

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Aspiring Expert
banz

I have been having similar problems. Mine is further complicated by the fact that I have no hub phone 2.1. I use a Hub Phone 1020 and  some old freestyle 4100 DECT phones. I have also had the reliability issues randomly. I really would like to know if hub phones should work or not and which ones. I would assume that the hub phone 2.1 works ok? Have you tried fully testing the hub phone with no other phones registered? I also have an issu in that none of my DECT phones ever ring more than once. they ring once and stop!! Search for my username to find some more detail off my problem if you are interested. Sorry I cant be of any help other than to empathise !!!

Aspiring Contributor
MeesterD

HI Banz,

Well this evening had to reboot the Hub; When answering a land line call from the ringing hub phone 2.1 it was just a dead line (the caller, my mother-in-law :-) said she got a BT announcement something about ' a fault in the network' don't know how acurate that was from her though!! )

Anway, rebooted the hub and land line calls are working again.

I'll remove the registration for the 1020's leaving just the 2.1 and see where that takes us.. Maybe the solutions is to somehow force the hub to reboot each night :-)

We don't have any 'proper' phone connected so I can't connect about others rining I'm afriad.

Aspiring Expert
banz

[ Edited ]

Hi Meester D Not sure if this thread is still live but I thought I would post in case you were still having problems. Also others might see this and be helped by it .

I had the problem of phones (1020 + DECT) only ringing once. I also had the following probs:-

Occasionally all phones ( Hub Phone 2.1 , Hub Phone 1020 , DEct phone freestyle 4100) would lose sight of the HUB - only solution was a restart of the HH 2.0

Incoming and Outgoing calls to Hub Phones or dect phones would 'drop' words and have jerky voice and occasionally calls would disconnect completely.

I spoke to BT and they eventually sent me a BT Home Hub 2.0 Type B ( different hardware) This has solved all the problems and all now works well. Its not perfect in that a lot of facilities don't work with the hub phone 1020 and the DECT phones but basic conneciotns / ringing etc work fine.

Now Im not sure if this is a problem with the DECT phones /Old hub phones on ALL type A HH's or if I just had a faulty one . Anyway worth asking BT for a type B.

Note - instead of reporting the prob to the call centre I actuually went via the e-mail route :-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/346,401,773

I have had top service from this method.

Hope this helps

PS - Be aware that although for me the type B has solved a number of telephony issues there are new problems with the type B . For example it has problesm with xbox live and it sometimes resets the ADSL if you log into the box and look at the stats.

Aspiring Contributor
MeesterD

Hi Banz,

Thanks for the update..  I still got the issue.. this morning phones ringing and answering but couldnt be heard by the 3rd party; resetting the Hub appears to have worked.  So it seems if it's reset every day things work! :-)

I'll take your advise and give BT an email and see where that leads me.

Thanks once again and I like you all know how it goes!