Beginner
paddy67

bt vision

hi there,my phone line stopped working, got a mate round (bt engineer)the phone line at master socket and extension work only if i unplug my bt vision hub,I have full package, phone,broadband,bt vision.when i plug vision back in the tv works but  there is no dial tone .mate was scratching his head thinks it may be the hub or vision box as main line and extension wiring checks out fine also tried changing the filters but no use please help......

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: bt vision

It could be a faulty home hub.

Do you get dial-tone on your phone if you connect things up as shown on this diagram?

Testing from "test" socket

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner
paddy67

home hub is where extension is fitted,if i unplug bt vision both phone lines work fine when i reconnect the bt vision i have no dial tone just a voice recording saying please hang up and try again

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

When you say you unplug BT Vision, do you mean you unplug the BT Home hubs ADSL input lead?

BT Vision itself, has no phone connection.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner
paddy67

sorry ,yeah when i just have phones plugged in phones work fine in master socket and ext, when i plug the adsl lead into the modem the broadband light goes steady,the bt vision works but the phone lines dont,no dial tone

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

paddy67 wrote:

sorry ,yeah when i just have phones plugged in phones work fine in master socket and ext, when i plug the adsl lead into the modem the broadband light goes steady,the bt vision works but the phone lines dont,no dial tone

It looks like a faulty BT Home hub, which version of the home hub do you have, and did you have any thunderstorms recently?

Aspiring Expert
Wheel_nut

paddy67 wrote:

Do you have MicroFilters on each of the Phones?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Beginner
paddy67

hi, no thunder storms to speak off,my mate changed the master socket to see if that would help,also yes i have filters in both sockets even tried new filters in case they were not working but still the same,i can have either both phones working  but no broadband or bt vision or have broadband and vision but no dial tone argggggggg

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Which home hub version do you have?

This link will help.

Which version of the BT Home Hub do I have?

Beginner
paddy67

home hub 3,at the master i only have cordless phone plugged into microfilter, in sitting room at ext i have filter one lead goes to home hub the lead from the telephone side of the filter goes to the vision box, when both filters are plugged in i get broadband and vision but no dial tone at master , if i unplug the hub and vision from ext filter then i get dial tone at master and dial tone on phone side of filter at extension..