Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Ratings

call divert on faulty line

I reported a fault on my line 6 days ago. The engineer came and said that a cable had been damaged and to repair it they would have to apply for traffic lights to put on the road whilst the repair was being undertaken. He said this could take 3 weeks to get organised and we should get our calls diverted to a mobile. I have tried several times, on different days to get this function. I have spoken to people in the uk and overseas. Most have said that they have set the divert up and will take 4 hours for it to takeplace. II'm now at my wits end. I don't know why the call divert isn't being set up. I am ringing the 151 number and I've also used the chat facility. Each time I have to go through the same routine and it takes ages. Is there a number I can ring or somewhere on the website I can go to. Please help - I live in a very rural area and away from my family. Thanks
Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Re: call divert on faulty line

Welcome to this user forum.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information for BT Residential Broadband connections only.

Recognised Expert
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

You can set up a call divert to a mobile when logging a voice fault under Fix your problem online .

0 Ratings

Hi Sandrabix

Welcome to the forum, have you tried the link as posted by @XRaySpeX

If you're still having problems setting up the divert, send us in your details using the contact the mods link in my profile and we can take a look at it for you..

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings

Ive tried the link above but can't see the place where you set up the divert. However, I spoke to a lady in stockport this morning who investigated.. apparently the call divert had been set up twice but has failed in both instances. She contacted openreach who are now attempting the divert from their end. This should happen in the next half hour...... thunderbirds are go! Where do I go now for some sort of compensation - I feel badly let down as it seems you think you have a resolution but then you have to start again. I'm not after cash per se but if this is the only way to make them listen then I'll give it a go..
Distinguished Sage

See Customer service guarantee for compensation details.

Its basically daily line rental refunds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information for BT Residential Broadband connections only.

[ Edited ]

Hi Sandrabix

Just adding to what @Keith_Beddoe said you will need to wait for the fault to be fully resolved, to ensure you receive the correct compensation entitlement.

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You