topfloor1999

cannot make outgoing calls

a bit of a strange one.

since sat we have been unable to make calls from our landline, the phone rings but when the other person answers they cannot hear us, we can hear them though.

We can accept incoming calls with no problem.

I have been round and checked all 4 handsets and even re-set them but still the same.

Any help would be much appreciated

Guru
Andy_N

Re: cannot make outgoing calls

topfloor1999 wrote:

a bit of a strange one.

since sat we have been unable to make calls from our landline, the phone rings but when the other person answers they cannot hear us, we can hear them though.

We can accept incoming calls with no problem.

I have been round and checked all 4 handsets and even re-set them but still the same.

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.

Are all your phones cordless ? (you mentioned all 4 handsets indicating that might be the case).

Do you have access to a "normal" corded phone you can plug in to try - even borrowing one from a neighbour to check.

When you "pick up" the phone to dial, do you get a normal dial tone or nothing at all ?

An extra bit of info may help to determine if your system is at fault and try to eliminate that as a cause.

topfloor1999

thanks for the response, yes the phones are cordless.

check all handsets.

dial tone is fine and rings out but they can't hear me talk although i can hear them.

apparently there is a lot of crackling on the line when someone calls us but i can't hear it my end.

Tried calling the service provider but although everytime he ask if someone was there i pressed a key, he hung up as couldn't hear me :smileyhappy: hmmmm.

I havn't got a corded phone to try or i would have done that too.

The phones are very new i bought them mid Oct and as i said this only started on sat

Guru
Andy_N

topfloor1999 wrote:

thanks for the response, yes the phones are cordless.

check all handsets.

dial tone is fine and rings out but they can't hear me talk although i can hear them.

apparently there is a lot of crackling on the line when someone calls us but i can't hear it my end.

Tried calling the service provider but although everytime he ask if someone was there i pressed a key, he hung up as couldn't hear me :smileyhappy: hmmmm.

I havn't got a corded phone to try or i would have done that too.

The phones are very new i bought them mid Oct and as i said this only started on sat

Thanks for the extra details.

If you've a noisy line, either direction, then it could be a perished phone wire casing into your property (is it overhead by any chance from a telphone pole) - maybe worse when it's raining or damp. But it could be faulty equipment which is probably easier to check with a corded phone.

You say you mentioned "the service provider", may I assume it's not BT ? Either way, you do need to contact their support/faults team to report the problem (after perhaps the corded phone check). In order to report it, you may need to use someone elses phone (even a mobile. which may cost money) to do it as you may not be able to use your own as you've already reported.

topfloor1999

thank you.

just had another call in and the line was clear ( i ask). will have to try tomorrow to borrow a phone or go buy a cheap corded to see if we have any luck. will keep you posted