pimlico99

change number

I want to change my phone number - I'm not moving house, I just want a new number - how do you do this?

Aspiring Expert
Omniscient

Re: change number

Hi pimlico99,

If you have line rental with BT call them and ask for a renumber it's free of charge and takes 4 working days,

Also if you have BB with another provider remember to notify them.
Inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known
huggy69

dont you have to have a reason to why you want to change your number???

Guru
Devon_Dave

huggy69 wrote:

dont you have to have a reason to why you want to change your number???

No

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Beginner
mark2020

ive just asked about changing my number and was told it would cost £24.99 i am with bt landline an broadband you say its free to change your number an they say u have to pay please clarify is it free or not  

Sage
john46

It is now £ 24.99 since november 2010 the post you are looking at is now old and closed
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
gooner42

What's the number to call for changing your number as I have tried two different numbers and I cannot find the option to chnage my number or speak to someone? BT seem to make this very difficult. I am receiving a numberr of nuisance and hassling calls, even at the weekend.
Sage
john46

Hi
Phone BT sales on 0800 800 150 the charge is £24.99 to change the number
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
neptune8

i want to change my number who do i contact about this

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

[ Edited ]

Look at the last post in this thread above.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.