Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

change number

I want to change my phone number - I'm not moving house, I just want a new number - how do you do this?

Aspiring Expert

Re: change number

Hi pimlico99,

If you have line rental with BT call them and ask for a renumber it's free of charge and takes 4 working days,

Also if you have BB with another provider remember to notify them.
Inherent omniscience - the ability to know anything that one chooses to know and can be known

dont you have to have a reason to why you want to change your number???

Distinguished Guru

huggy69 wrote:

dont you have to have a reason to why you want to change your number???

No

(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Aspiring Contributor

ive just asked about changing my number and was told it would cost £24.99 i am with bt landline an broadband you say its free to change your number an they say u have to pay please clarify is it free or not  

Distinguished Sage

It is now £ 24.99 since november 2010 the post you are looking at is now old and closed

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.

What's the number to call for changing your number as I have tried two different numbers and I cannot find the option to chnage my number or speak to someone? BT seem to make this very difficult. I am receiving a numberr of nuisance and hassling calls, even at the weekend.
Distinguished Sage

Hi
Phone BT sales on 0800 800 150 the charge is £24.99 to change the number

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.

i want to change my number who do i contact about this

Distinguished Sage

[ Edited ]

Look at the last post in this thread above.

=========================================================================================

Polite request to forum members who may have the same or similar problem. Please could you create your own thread on this forum, and avoid hijacking this thread.Otherwise its likely your problem will not be resolved, as it may have a different cause, and it also makes it difficult for forum members, who are trying to help the person on this thread. See How to post a new question

Thanks