Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner

faults, lies and broken promises....

[ Edited ]

hi

not the first time you've all heard this sort of thing i'm sure, i'm going to tell you anyway...

i have had an intermittent fault on my line (crackling, distortion and dropped broadband) at various times for several years. it got really bad last december, when i decided i'd had enough. every time the line crackes, i ring 151 and report it as a fault. the fault occurs when the weather is wet and windy, and usually by the time the engineer gets to us, weather has changed and we're back to square one. when the line crackles, it drops my bb and due to it being adaptive, i'm then stuck with poor speeds for the next week or so. since december '11 i have reported a fault six times. 

it got to a point last saturday where i needed the internet, and didn't have any. i called 151, spoke to a supervisor after i had dealt with the useless minions that just check the line and say theres no problem. the person we spoke to arranged to send an engineer the following day. the engineer turned up, we explained the situation, he tesed the line and found nothing, we explained the nature of the fault and its weather dependance and it was agreed that the fault would be left open after his visit, someone would pick it up in the week and have another go.

the following sunday, we had heard nothing, and the fault was back. i called 151, asked to speak to a supervisor, and was informed that the fault from the previous weekend had been closed. after being told that there was no way for the guy to contact openreach himself to sort our problem, he left me with two numbers for openreach. the following morning i found that these numbers were useless to me, could not help. all i could do was ask them to raise a complaint to which someone would respond in five days. i called 151 again, escalated to a supervisor and was informed he would contact priority care team. i asked to be called between 6 and 9 on my landline. at around 10.30, i had a call on my mobile at work during a meeting from the priority care team. the woman i spoke to acknowledged the difficulty of my situation and the need to get an engineer out quickly whilst the weather was poor and the fault was present. i was informed that if i called 151 again, i would be put throught to priority care directly, and they would arrange a visit asap. 

this morning, i called 151 as it was windy and rainy and the fault was very noticeable. did i get through to priorty care team??? did i f|&^k. same indian dumb ass take your details people again. pretty frustrated i asked for someone to contact priority care and get them to call me. cant do that. cant do much at all can you BT?

so, i still have a crappy line, i can't get through to anyone that may be able to help, i've wasted plenty of my time trying to get this sorted, and still have a bill to pay for disgusting customer care and a line that won't do what its supposed to. if i treated my clients in this manner i would be sacked, without question. but hey ho, BT got a monopoly, so screw me eh?

if anyone has info on how to get to speak to someone that isn't retarded, stupid, ignorant or lying and that may be able to assist, please would you let me know?

many thanks,

nobby

Distinguished Sage

Re: faults, lies and broken promises....

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Distinguished Sage

this post may be of interest if you have the time to read it all

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Strange-broadband-effect-issue-suggestions-nee...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Beginner

thanks for the link imjolly, though its somewhat disheartening to see just how much you have to push to get anything done. forty pages of it. i'm sure this is a deliberate tactic by BT to **bleep** you off so much you just give in and put up with your fault.... or do the work for them.

i spoke to 151 again today, muppet said he would consult with supervisor and contact me via email within 30 mins. more lies, no replies.....

Distinguished Sage

I think raymi67 was slightly different in that he was a long way from the exchnage and also in remote area.  he did get help eventually and an improvement in connection but I don't think they solved it totally

as you say you need to persevere as finding a fault only when it rains will not be easy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Beginner

i'm also rural and a long way down the line. happy with the speeds i get, but very dissapointed with lack of ANY effort to resolve this. it should not be down to me to chase continually for any action. its not MY equipment thats screwy, its BT's.

Expert

The "Priority Care Team" isn't anything to do with getting your line fixed any sooner. All it is is a team of call centre people somewhere, Cardiff or Nottingham I think who will be a single point of contact for yourself with reference to getting fault updates. They have absolutely no authority to make things other than what normally happens happen.