cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 37

Re: BT Sport Monthly Pass - Problems with purchasing

In your browser, select the developer tools menu - e.g. in chrome select the 3 dots in the top right corner, then more tools, then developer tools. From there look for Application, then cookies, then select www.bt.com and you should see a cookie with the name vtmvisD - let me know the value associated with that cookie.

Sorry I can't be more specific - I didn't bring a laptop with me on holiday, so I'm having to do this from memory.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 37

didnt realise you are still on holiday, thanks for helping.

the value is:
4254743341632D313230313637303231
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 37

Yes, I wonder why there is still no fix, especially since it is hindering BT's potential subscribers from signing up

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 37

Is anyone still experiencing this issue?

Unfortunately we've been unable to identify the cause of @adamgrieve 's issue (tracing through banking systems is very complex, as I'm sure you can all appreciate), but we're hoping if we can get a second example then we can compare them and see anything common.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 37

Yes I’m experiencing this issue.

I have tried two different cards with uk address. Typed address in manually and still every time I click pay now I get card declined check details.

This isn’t the first time this happened to me. About 6 months ago I tried to get a monthly pass and couldn’t. For the same reason.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 37

Thanks for adding your name to the list @kingalingadinga 

We're putting a change live in the next couple of days that will allow us to obtain more information when monthly pass purchases go wrong. I'll update here when it's live, at which point I'd really appreciate if you could try again.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 37

Darren...been suggested by JohnC2 from a similar post I made that I tag into your investigation. I have been trying since the weekend to buy a Monthly Pass (for the first time). Each time I get the "Service Unavailable" message. I have reviewed and applied all the suggestions from the related Community posts but to no success. I have been a BT BB customer for years and use BT internet and the supplied email address (I have also tried using my wife's BT email address to register). After entering a new User ID and a conforming password the "unavailable" message appears...ie I get no further as regards entering name or address etc. 

If you find a solution I'd be grateful to be copied in thanks.

PS having worked for BT for 37 years to a middle management position before retiring I have to say that I'm both disappointed and astonished at the lack of customer support from BT on an issue that appears to have been affecting customers for a considerable time....it should not be left to BT Customers (through this Community) to find a resolution. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 37

@Robger if it's failing even just on that very first step, and you don't have a plus symbol in your email address, then one of the following is probably true:
1. The email address you're trying to use already exists as a BT ID. I recommend creating a brand new email address to be absolutely sure.
2. The password you're trying to use is breaking our system - try something different.
3. Browser cookies are breaking it - try starting a new "InPrivate" or "Incognito" browser window (or the equivalent in the browser you're using) and then registering from there.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 37

Props to you Darren for trying to solve all these issues, but at this point it's comically embarrassing for BT Sport. Same issue here - card declined no matter what I try.

I don't understand how BT Sport hasn't prioritised fixing an issue that doesn't allow prospective customers to pay for a product that is so heavily advertised. I've tried all the fixes posted on this thread but to no avail. "Frustrating" is an understatement. I have bought hundreds of products online from countless merchants and never once have I encountered something like this before. It's mind boggling. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 37

The payments team are incredibly busy and have to prioritise work according to impact - this is why I was asking if anyone is still affected by this issue. We can't tell from our end yet why the payments are being rejected, so we don't know how big an issue this is.
You're now the second person to say you are @tgrn157 - I'll add your name to the case.
0 Ratings