cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Bt sport app accessibility checker says my PS4 pro and TV are not compatible for HDR, but they are.

Hi I have a playstation 4 pro and I have bt sport as my smart benefit on my ee phone contract and I also pay for large screen. 

A couple of months ago the BT sport's app started to play up why watching live football on the ultimate channel only, the picture started to break up, I was having silhouettes of players as they was running then the screen started to judder every second and because it's on the playstation 4 pro there is no options to down grade the quality of the stream and if i put the same exact match on the BT sport's app on my Google pixel 6 pro mobile the stream is perfect the whole way though. 

I came across the device checker tool that is in the BT sport app settings,

It say that my connection can handle hd 4k and also HDR. 

My account says I have hd 4k and HDR. 

But under the devices it says hd 4k but a cross where HDR is. And then it says that my playstation 4pro and my TV are not HDR compatible, if I think this information is incorrect then go to bt.com/help/sport. 

My playstation 4 pro is HDR and I have a lg c1 tv that is also HDR. 

When I open the BT sport's app on my playstation 4 pro I have a small square pop up in the top right corner of the screen that says HDR. 

I have phoned bt they said to call ee because that's where I got my bt account from, I phone ee they say to call bt because bt sport is there product. 

Bt says says there is nothing they can do and I need to contact the manufacturers of my TV and PlayStation. 

I phone Sony they give me a couple of things to try but still doesn't work, I phone lg they remote access my TV and go though everything, they say all my TV settings are correct and he even went though my playstation 4 pro settings and said yes they are all correct and even brought a page up in the playstation 4 pro settings that says HDR is supported. 

So BT says there is no problems and they can't do anything about it, ee says to phone bt, Sony says my playstation 4 pro is fine and lg has remote accessed my tv and everything is fine but I still can't watch football when it is on the ultimate channel in HDR and have no option to turn HDR off on the BT sport's app via the playstation 4 pro. 

Has anyone got any ideas on what the problem is or how I can fix this as I have tried everything including changing all my cables and trying ethernet cable and also wi-fi and unplugging every device for my router so my playstation 4 pro so it's the only device on my router, also I have done a full factory reset on the playstation 4 pro and delete the BT sport app and reinstalling it and still not working but a couple of months ago it was fine. 

I am with bt for my internet I had a engineer out last week and he said my internet was perfect with no drops at all and said I was getting 65 to 70 download at my premises and very close to 20 upload. 

Please someone help me 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bt sport app accessibility checker says my PS4 pro and TV are not compatible for HDR, but they a

Sorry @Neily36 - it sounds like you've had an awful experience, all because of an incorrect message on the Device Checker.  We'll get that message updated as soon as we can.

The issue isn't that your setup isn't compatible - it's that we no longer support HDR on the PS4 Pro.  We added a new feature this season - the timeline.  This allows you to restart matches from the beginning, and jump to any point in the match whilst it's still live - e.g. to view a goal again.  This feature is unfortunately incompatible with HDR, so we had to make the difficult decision to turn off HDR support on this device.

So that explains the message on the device checker.

It sounds like you were only going there to try to find an explanation for your main issue though, which is poor picture quality when watching BT Sport Ultimate.  You can downgrade the video to HD any time you like, by using the "Channels" menu at the top and then selecting the match from there - this will force it to display the HD channel, instead of switching to Ultimate.

The picture judder you're seeing sounds like the known issue with PS4 Pro devices that they have a fixed 60 frames per second video output.  BT Sport content is all at either 25 fps or 50 fps, which means your device is having to insert extra frames to fill the gaps - this causes the video to jump frequently.  I don't know why you wouldn't have seen this issue before though, as it's always been present.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Bt sport app accessibility checker says my PS4 pro and TV are not compatible for HDR, but they a

Heya thank you so much for giving all that information. I wish I just wrote on here in the first place, I am shocked that the BT sport's team didn't mention any of this to me in the 3 or 4 phone calls that I have had with them. I have looked many times for a option to downgrade the quality of the stream and I have never found any where on the stream or the app to do this on the playstation. There are games on in a couple of hours so I will have another look. Also if the fps is to high on my PS4 pro I might get my old PS4 out and try that.fingers crossed it solves the problems. I am looking into a google Chromecast 4k HDR so I can watch football on bt sport via that. 

Again thank you so much for giving me the information I was seeking for when I phoned bt sport at least now I can stop thinking something is wrong with my devices and look into a device that hasn't got any problems with bt sport. It's a shame that I can't download the BT sport's app straight to my lg tv, hopefully bt and lg can sort that out soon. Again many thanks 

0 Ratings