cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Can't Seem To Activate TNT Sports With Discovery Plus

Go to solution

Hi,

Hoping someone can help. We currently have a BT broadband and landline package and previously had BT Sport and HD. When it changed to TNT Sports last year, we just continued on with both TNT and TNT HD through our BT package.

We also have Sky Q and we generally watch most of our sport through our Sky Q on the TNT channels. Works perfectly for us.

However, we also have Discovery Plus included as an addition to our TNT Sports, and should have the ability to watch any TNT matches (mainly want to watch rugby and football) that are available through the Discovery Plus app or online.

Through Sky Q, we also get access to free basic level Discovery Plus, but this doesn't include the TNT content so not very useful to us.

For some reason, our Discovery Plus current pass is apparently linked with our Sky Q, where we only have the basic package and no TNT. It won't let me reset or change it to BT.

When I make sure TNT is activated using the My BT website, it tells me it's activated and the web page goes to log me into Discovery Plus. I log in, it's still only linked with Sky, even if I try doing it on my laptop or phone.

I don't have any other Discovery Plus account/email that might be linked to my BT TNT subscription and even if I did, there's no way of me finding out,

Please help! Been spending hours trawling the forums to no avail so far.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't Seem To Activate TNT Sports With Discovery Plus

Go to solution

To clarify, you are watching the TNT Sport channels via the Discovery+ app or the TV Guide?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion.

When watching TNT on the Sky TV guide, all works fine. But when we try to watch a rugby match or football match on the Discovery app (either on Sky Q or on my laptop), it says “Contact your provider to find out how to get access.”

I’ve ensured it’s activated on BT and done all the things the Help section advises.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

OK.

So you are currently paying for Discovery+ Premium with TNT Sport on Sky via BT, but Sky Q includes access to basic Discovery+.

It sounds to me like the Discovery+ app on the box is logged into the Sky version, rather than the premium version.

Have you logged out of the app and then logged back in using the details used when setting up your Discovery+ through BT?

You will know it is correct when you go into the account section of the Discovery+ app and it says “Contact EE or BT to manage your subscription”.

Did you activate your premium access when you bought it from BT? You need to have done that before you login.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks so much for your advice, it prompted me to ask all members of my family if they’d ever set up a Discovery+ channel in case BT TNT was linked with their log in.

Turns out, when BT Sport changed to TNT, by dad had created a new Discovery+ log in, unbeknownst to me.

Somehow Discovery logged us out and when I logged back in, I did so with the Sky log in details instead of the new account my dad has set up.

I simply reset the password and logged into his Discovery+ account and amazingly, all works fine now. What a relief I didn’t end up needing to spend hours on the phone to a customer service helpline!

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.