cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Cant rewind BT sport on the web?

Im not using the app it doesnt work

Im using the web browser to watch BT sport 2, I planned to watch MotoGP FP1 but i cant rewind to earlier in the feed, I can only watch whats live now.

Surely this is a basic feature.  Ive missed one part of the 7 hour feed, i want to go back an hour.

If you cant do it can you (BT) set up a feed via youtube as channels like skytv you can rewind and forward all you like 24/7

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cant rewind BT sport on the web?

I'm afraid "Watch from start" (and rewind) is only available on supported events. We can't offer it on MotoGP due to the length of the programme - it's on from 8am until 3pm. Offering rewind on a programme that long would kill most devices, due to the size of the manifest it would create.
MotoGP is subscription content, so cannot be provided on YouTube.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Regarding your comment about the app not working - which app are you referring to, and what doesn't work?  Or are you referring to the Windows app, which has now been disabled?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Yeah looks like that app is disabled

Is there a new app coming out for windows?

I watch on my pc, including prime etc.

Surely if its cloud based, it shouldnt need resources at the endpoint, they really should have rewind on the web page

Im going to try one last thing, using bt sport through Amazon prime as that tends to have rewind features

Seems a bit odd windows is left behind?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Maybe you could break up the feed like MotoGP.com do?
On there you can pick a race and it just shows you what you want, not the full feed ?

We dont watch the whole of the olympics or a whole day of Tennis, seems ad not to break it up or allow rewind 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

There's no new app coming for Windows - the web can do everything the app could do, plus a lot more.

A brief technical explanation of the solution:

The video you're watching is split into segments between 4 and 6 seconds long (depending on the platform).

For a live stream, the client is provided a list of segments that updates for each segment, including all segments for the last minute (to allow for buffering).

To allow watch from start / rewind, we provide the client with a "Live to VOD" stream - i.e. instead of just providing the last few segments, it provides all segments back to the start of the stream.

So every 4-6 seconds, the client is downloading a list of the segments which it then has to read and calculate the next segment to play.   Some clients do this really well, and it doesn't matter how big the list gets.  Other clients get slower and slower as the list grows, and they're so busy processing the manifest that they don't actually have time to download the video segments - causing buffering or dropping of video quality.

We don't have the real-time data to be able to split into specific races in the live stream - we just chop it up afterwards.

Note: live rewind isn't available for MotoGP on any of our platforms for the above reason.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I don't buy the length of coverage as being a technical impediment. Both BBC iPlayer and Eurosport Player offer this facility albeit chase-play is limited to up to three hours earlier which seems to be the happy compromise point.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I'm not saying there aren't options available - just none that we can offer.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hey the Discovery + app you just go to a timeline, hit the time slot and it plays whatever was on there - you'd think it would be simple.
Im ont he bt sports app snow and still no FP stuff from today - is there a delay or isnt it shown again??
0 Ratings