cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cant watch BT sports on app. Error EP102 & LP205

Hi,

Ive been trying to watch BT Sports on the app but recently it has just stopped suddenly. When I try to watch a show i get error EP102. Also when I try to watch a Live show, I get error LP205 saying I cannot watch outside the UK. Im based in london & i havent used any VPN whilst using the app. Has my IP address randomly been seen as not UK based? When I switch back to mobile data, it seems it works perfectly fine.

Also for context, I have another 2 people in the household with separate BT Sports apps and its not working for them aswell. I can only think that for whatever reason BT sports has stopped working for our IP address.

Looking online i can see @DarrenDev has seen issues similar to this. Would you be able to assist?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cant watch BT sports on app. Error EP102 & LP205

I got an email last month to say the BT sport app access was being removed this month and that i could cancel my package without any termination charges which is what i am currently doing.I was on BT business FTTP 150 and now moving to BT residential  500 FTTP . Maybe check your junk folder in case you got an email from BT?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I assume it's from the IP you posted this from? If shows as being on community fibre in the UK, but recently transferred from Comcast in the US.

Our systems update every night, but this one appears to be taking a while to update on our system.

It'd be worth you rebooting your router to see if you get a new IP address, otherwise I'll raise a ticket for it to be updated... but it can take a few days.

As for EP102 - what event are you clicking? That error means a fault on our side. I'm not at my desk to check the logs.

Message 4 of 6

Hi Darren,

Thanks for a swift reply, I can confirm that yes im on Community Fibre. I've done the router restart 3 times now and still the same problem so im guessing its the IP problem. That would be great if you could raise a ticket. In the mean time ill sit tight and wait until the systems update on the BT end.

The error happens to anything i try to watch which has ended. I was watching a WWE replay show when I got the EP102 error. Watching any Livestream gives LP205 error

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Update: I was able to sort out the problem by calling community fibre. Seems like there was a geo location error on their end. They updated their system and the problem has been resolved. Thanks for the replies.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the update @malvin619 - you've been allocated an IP address from a completely different range now, which is why it's now working for you.  I don't know if they intentionally moved you, or it was just coincidence.

Either way, our location provider still has the investigation open to find out where the location discrepancy is. I'll leave it open, to make sure things work for anyone else allocated an IP in that range.

0 Ratings