cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Italian football SERIE A

Hi all, italian SERIE A starts this weekend. Does anyone know how many match per round will be broadcast for this season 24/25?Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Italian football SERIE A

A good question.

Previously we could expect typically 5 games each fixture round.

For the opening round we seem to have just two currently scheduled (5:30pm  Sat)  (7:45pm Sunday) KOs.

The Saturday night game , the Sunday early evening and the two Monday (early evening/night) KO games appear not to be in the schedule for the first round of fixtures.

If this reduction continues it will disappoint those unable to follow their favourite italian teams on a regular basis.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

exactly that's the point! just 2 matches!  If this were confirmed then it would be a big reduction. I don't know if this is due to the new TV rights agreement or if it's a choice.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

The article reports that "during the last cycle, it covered five fixtures each game week."
This is not correct. Last year matches were shown unless they were on Saturday between something like 1pm and 5.15pm.

A big disappointment not being able to see all possible matches...
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

@MarcoM 

I believe you are correct as TNT Sports own site

https://www.tntsports.co.uk/football/serie-a/2023-2024/serie-a-schedule-how-to-watch-on-tv-live-stre...

does confirm the coverage last season

“How many Serie A football matches are on TNT Sports?

Every single match will be broadcast on TNT Sports”

So the current Two game coverage for the opening week of this season does seem to represent a significant reduction in coverage

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

thanks both! that's a disappointing news. I was thinking of signing up to TNT trough NOW TV but if they broadcast so few matches then I'll give up.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Seems the rights have been sold to One Football, 8 free to air and 2 pay per view for the first weekend.

https://onefootball.com/en/news/watch-serie-a-made-in-italy-matches-live-with-serie-a-on-onefootball...

Message 9 of 16

Interesting @tweetSP0RT  the two matches that Onefootball have as pay to view are the ones TNT Sports are showing  this weekend.

Will be interesting as to what occurs in subsequent fixture rounds.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Yeah, I did read elsewhere that the TNT deal was non-exclusive so perhaps not a surprise they have got all the games.  I highly doubt the free element (baring the odd match) will continue for the entire season, considering they charge for € 6.99 individual Regionalliga Südwest matches!  If you click on a link to one of the match pages there's a mention of Serie A Pass (where as other matches say Pay Per View) so hopefully there will be some sort of bundle deal.

0 Ratings