cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

TNT Sport £15 per month offer

Go to solution

On my account, BT is offering me TNT Sport for £15pm including a TV Box Pro, this is subject to a new 24 month broadband contract.

I currently subscribe to TNT Sport (through BT) and watch it over the internet (using a Fire TV stick) or through my Sky Box but not in HD. So, at the moment I can't record TNT Sport in HD without paying BT for the HD add on.

1) Would the TV Box Pro be able to record TNT Sport in HD?
2) Would I lose the option to watch TNT Sport through my Sky Box (presumably that's configured as part of my current BT package which has no TV Box)?
3) Does TV Box Pro have any channels not on Sky?
4) I'm already in contract, is the 24 months added onto this or does it just replace it?
5) Does adding the TV Box Pro mean that, at the end of the 24 months, I would have any additional ongoing commitments?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: TNT Sport £15 per month offer

Go to solution
  1. Yes, but you would still need to buy the HD/4K add on for it to be in HD
  2. It sounds like you would be cancelling TNT Sports via BT on Sky by taking this offer, so yes, you should lose access via Sky. However, if you have Sky Q, you can access the TNT Sports channels via the Discovery+ app which you should receive access to
  3. Not if your Sky is a satellite service, yes if you have Glass or Stream, but they tend to be Freeview channels delivered via an aerial. Talking Pictures is a good example
  4. Replaces it
  5. No
————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks.

So apart from the cost saving, no change really and no way to record TNT Sports in HD without the add on.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

One further point, I assume it's only broadband that's committed for 24 months and that TNT Sport can still be turned on and off on a monthly basis?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@cranfanwrote:

One further point, I assume it's only broadband that's committed for 24 months and that TNT Sport can still be turned on and off on a monthly basis?

Not if you get the TV Pro Box, that includes a 24 month contract.

As a BT Broadband customer you can buy Discovery+ app access for £20 per month on a 30 day rolling contract, which includes HD as standard, but no recording as it is app access only. 

The only caveat of course is that BT is moving customers to the EE brand and we are led to believe various incentives may be in place when this process starts, so you may wish to wait and see what that looks like before making a move.

————————————————————-
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@cranfanwrote:

Thanks.

So apart from the cost saving, no change really and no way to record TNT Sports in HD without the add on.

If you want to record you either have to have the Pro Box from BT/EE or the right subscription and box on Sky.

————————————————————-
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

With my FireTV stick, I can already watch through the Discovery+ app in HD.

Perhaps I will wait as you say.

I would have the Pro Box? But I would also need the HD add on.