cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

TNT Sport WI England T20 extended highlights

It seems that discovery+  have issues with the on demand T20 cricket highlights for the West Indies England series.

The highlights for the second T20  are missing the conclusion of the game. In this example the highlights simply ended before the games conclusion

and now watching the third T20 tonight the conclusion of the game again is missing. In this example  the highlights  went to an adbreak and then returned with many minutes of a fixed city screen.

There are far too many issue occurrings. It needs sorting out,

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: TNT Sport WI England T20 extended highlights

That's the Discovery network for you. Attention to detail has never been one of their strong points, in fact they verge on being shambolic.

I've recorded Wheeler Dealers, some tiles show Marc Priestley, the synopsis includes Edd China and the actual programme includes Ant Anstead. For 3 days Eurosport failed to add the commentary to their main snooker matches  on their 'Premium' stream so if you wanted to listen to the commentary  you had to watch the TV stream with adverts.

Missing the end of matches when compiling highlights is unforgivable, but I'm not surprised and they're unlikely to improve.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

If you find the highlights of the second T20 on the EE TV app that covers the full game. In addition the EE TV app strips out the ad breaks so no faffing about skipping as with the Discovery+ app. The downside is that the EE TV app can be slower in uploading content after it is first broadcast and the app on the Youview box seems to lag behind the app on your mobile in adding content for some reason.

BTW the same is true of the third T20 and if you have yet to watch the finish then I recommend making the effort to do so.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks @gomezz  I did in fact complete watching the second T20 on the EE TV app. (The third T20 was not on the EE TV app at the time yesterday when there were the issues witth the discovery+ app content.) Tonight i did watch the conclusion on the EE TV app and I did check and found that discovery+ appear to have now loaded a complete version of the extended highlights).

Curious choice of editing of the highlights  (they didn't include the first ball of the final over which Harry hit for 4)/

0 Ratings