cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 191 of 213

Re: Take your seat for TNT Sports

Ultimate has been removed from all BT Sport apps, so I'm not surprised you're not seeing it there. I can't comment on why it didn't appear in the d+ app.
Message 192 of 213

Ultiamte appeared on Discovery+ - but without HDR on Firesticks.

@DarrenDevwrote:
Ultimate has been removed from all BT Sport apps, so I'm not surprised you're not seeing it there. I can't comment on why it didn't appear in the d+ app.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 193 of 213

@DarrenDev   I've found some old HDR content in Discovery+ and on all my Firesticks HDR is now longer working. I've not changed anything on the devices and HDR is working in other apps. HDR is working on other devices in Discovery+.

So either Amazon have done an update to display HDR in Discovery+ - or Discovery+ have done an update which has disabled it.

The Discovery+ app was last updated on 15 Aug on Firesticks  -  the last time I used it without issue was 12 Aug. I was away the following week.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 194 of 213

Anyone else having an issue with the 'red/white' live icon persisting on the screen?  Seems to be related to ad breaks, not 100% sure as it's on a second screen whilst the England game is on.  This is via an Apple TV (1st Gen) on TNT Sports 1.  The only way to get rid of it is to restart the stream or rewind it slightly

I mentioned this during the first PL game of the season and at least for me it is still an issue (whether on my 1st or 3rd Gen Apple TV), it did it for me at the weekend and is happening again at the moment for me whilst watching the Galatasaray v Molde match on TNT Sports 1.  Is anyone else still having this issue with D+ and is it just an Apple TV specific issue?

0 Ratings
Message 195 of 213

During UFC a few weeks back, i had a persistent 'AD' logo on the screen that would only go if i (After many attempts) got the screen time bar and pause option to appear, but the screen locked up alot. Got the impression they were trialing inserting ads and identifying that with the 'AD' logo that appeared in the top-left. Had the occasional 'LIVE' on a red bg in the same location too, around the same time period but nothing since.

0 Ratings
Message 196 of 213

@Popeye13_Official 

In this context, doesn't "AD" mean Audio Description - the additional sound track that some channels carry that has a commentary of what is happening on screen, to aid the visually impaired?

Message 197 of 213

@tweetSP0RTwrote:

Anyone else having an issue with the 'red/white' live icon persisting on the screen?  Seems to be related to ad breaks, not 100% sure as it's on a second screen whilst the England game is on.  This is via an Apple TV (1st Gen) on TNT Sports 1.  The only way to get rid of it is to restart the stream or rewind it slightly

I mentioned this during the first PL game of the season and at least for me it is still an issue (whether on my 1st or 3rd Gen Apple TV), it did it for me at the weekend and is happening again at the moment for me whilst watching the Galatasaray v Molde match on TNT Sports 1.  Is anyone else still having this issue with D+ and is it just an Apple TV specific issue?

Yes, but only on Apple TV HD feeds, not Ultimate.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 198 of 213

@Paul608085wrote:

@Popeye13_Official 

In this context, doesn't "AD" mean Audio Description - the additional sound track that some channels carry that has a commentary of what is happening on screen, to aid the visually impaired?

Nope, it only appears during advert breaks. This behaviour is consistent with Discovery+ on other platforms.

Audio Description (if available) is managed in the playback controls. Here is the “Ad” to signify adverts in the iPadOS version:

Advert not audioAdvert not audio

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 199 of 213

No. it was in relation to advertising being inserted. When it failed, you just had a hold-screen, as seen in the attached pictureTNT - AD.jpg

Message 200 of 213

@stereohaven

OK, I no longer have BT TV, so when @Popeye13_Official wrote "AD", (ie both letters capitals), in message 195, I immediately thought of Audio Description because I now use a "homebrew" satellite system that works really well  - except that a few channels regularly default to Audio Description rather than the "proper" audio.  🤔