cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 201 of 213

Re: Take your seat for TNT Sports

Is anyone else getting a constant collapse in quality for the PSV Vs Rangers match? (TNT Sports 1)

Im battling against endless drop in quality, to the point the stream fails and then refuses to let me back in. Had a quick squiz around on social media and found others have the same problem too. (D+ app on Apple TV 4K Gen 2 via ethernet)

0 Ratings
Message 202 of 213

Yes feed keeps failing on the footie match on TNT 1 .Am watching onApple TV box

0 Ratings
Message 203 of 213

Glad it isn't just me then. Absolute joke at this point it seems.

0 Ratings
Message 204 of 213

By adding all these issues to this thread, the discussion is becoming really diluted. I would highly recommend people start new threads with specific issues, so that others can contribute and impact can be properly measured.
0 Ratings
Message 205 of 213

Sorry but this is blatantly false advertising:

We were told:   you’ll get all the same content as you do now.

As a huge College Football fan we are NOT getting the same content.

Then we're told:    everything will stay the same

No it isn't.   You've already dropped College Football which is hugely disappointing and I know there are hundreds of College fans across the UK.   Oh dear.

Also wondering if you're now going to make college basketball and college ice hockey disappear.   Too much.

0 Ratings
Message 206 of 213

Just curious, is college basketball and ice hockey going to be shown this season or have those gone as well?
0 Ratings
Message 207 of 213

NHL was on Premier Sports last season - now called Viaplay, or do you mean NCAA Ice Hockey?

I think it looks as if anything that ESPN have is gone.

I can't see TNT Sport lasting beyond their current football contracts - WBD don't really seem to want to keep subscribers.

@reddwarf99wrote:
Just curious, is college basketball and ice hockey going to be shown this season or have those gone as well?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 208 of 213

We/they have full stats on everything that has been watched - any decisions being made (by them) will be based on cost vs popularity.
It's crazy to suggest that WBD would spend almost £100m investing in it, just to throw it all away.
I have passed on the concerns being raised here, but I'm not expecting anything to come of it - it's not any of my business anymore.
Message 209 of 213

Well I don’t think we know any of the reasons for the decisions taken wrt to the now  unavailable content as there has been no clear statement from WBD or BT TV.

it would be good to have an official  TNT Sport representative active on this forum to give feedback to their BT TV customers.

Message 210 of 213

The loss of the US Collage Sports content has gone down like a bucket of cold sick among the fans and they've been (rightly) pretty vocal too. That was a big chunk of yearly output and with the promises from the ad campaign, using the tagline 'New Name / Same Game' clearly wasn't all that, because the removal of the likes of ESPN FC, NCAA and SEC isn't inkeeping with that claim of nothing is changing apart from the name.

Of course the new overlords have had a look and seen what gets the big numbers, but expecting the likes of US Collegiate sports leagues to rate highly isn't exactly brainbox thought is it. Is the same on the horizon for MLB and AFL once those deals are done or the fact they receive a consistent weekly reach enough to save it/them? If so, why was that not also applied to SEC, NCAA alongside the ESPN content?

What has compounded this is that ESPN Player shut down with just a few weeks notice, leaving fans with even less of a chance of watching, then coupled with TNT giving the V sign to NCAA, ESPN and SEC sports - Not a good bit of PR really!

0 Ratings