cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 213

Re: Take your seat for TNT Sports

Will it be able to on android/firestick like the bt app?

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 213

Technically yes, the discovery+ app will also be able to do the same as the BT Sport and BT TV apps and change the TV refresh rate to suit the content.
Whether the discovery+ dev team choose to implement this or not, I don't know.
0 Ratings
Message 63 of 213

Thank you for the response, are the bt dev team not involved with the discovery transition? I just tried tnt sport 1 on my fire stick and this does not auto refresh at the moment and you have to change the firestick to 50hz mode to get this to work but then the app seems to drop frames more so it doesn’t look any better, I suppose it maybe a bit more difficult to implement when they have 30/60hz content but I know Amazon are able to do it on prime and Netflix seems to be able to aswell.Also is there any chance of getting dolby 5.1 on the normal channels?  I hope the frame rate issues are something that’s just a teething issue as I personally struggle to watch with the frame rate issues to the point I would have to cancel my subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 213

The discovery+ app has existed for a long time, and is developed by a team within Warner Bros Discovery.
The BT dev team have had no contact with the WBD dev team.

Minimum requirements were set for what the discovery+ app needed to support for launch - they're currently working through bugs that we've raised with them about it (e.g. the poor performance on Fire Sticks is high on that list).

As for future development - we have no input.
0 Ratings
Message 65 of 213

Thank you for the info. Seems a shame you’re not involved, the BT dev team have always done a good job in my opinion, especially  with some of the limitations put on you by some devices. I wish you all the best of lucky with your future projects. 

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 213

Im glad to hear the poor performance on Fire Stick is being worked on. I take it you saw the snap of the performance issues ive encountered with Fire Stick with the mass drop-frames and juddering?

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 213

@Jason001 @stereohaven

This is a bit delayed and maybe of no use, so apologies if I've missed a reply (did scan through the last couple of pages).

However re saturated colours on Discovery+ via Apple TV. I've also had this issue (and previously on Eurosport Player) reds in particular being almost retina burning! 

So I decided to spent a bit of time looking for a solution (so I could save the £6pm I'm paying for the BTTV HD/4K addon) and one that seems to work for me is set the Apple TV to 4k SDR rather than Dolby Vision/HDR with Match Dynamic Range set to 'on'. 

It still changes for HDR content but SDR content like that on D+ is not massively oversaturated (at least to my ageing eyes!). 

Message 68 of 213

Absolutely always have it set to Match Range & Framerate. Explains alot on how you were seeing such over saturation because it looked normal to me. Glad you've fixed it all

Message 69 of 213

@Popeye13_Official 

I always had my Apple TV 4k (1st gen) set to match dynamic range and frame rate however that the picture format was set to 4K Dolby Vision which seemed to be the problem as it wasn't switching for Discovery+ (and previously Eurosport Player), other apps seemed fine so it seemed to be an app specific problem.   

Well as you say at least it's fixed it, just waiting now for TNT to be added to D+ via Sky now (assuming it will let those of us who get TNT via BT TV watch it on Sky boxes!).

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 213

The only app on a Sky Q box that works as intended is Netflix. 

The rest are inconsistent at best and they have doubled down on poor performance with the web based versions of apps on Glass and Stream.

The lag as they wait for server responses are already legendary, especially when trying to use terrestrial catch up services.

On Q, my experience of YouTube is it crashes every few videos, Apple TV+ and Paramount+ regularly have to stop to buffer and Discovery+ catch up keeps getting stuck in an advert loop!

Honestly, the negligence is criminal, steer we’ll clear of Sky hardware for app viewing is my advice.

I’ll still test TNT on it though… 🤣

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings