cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 103

The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October

We want to let you know that on 12th October 2023, the BT Sport app & web player will close. 

As part of our partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery, the discovery+ app is the new streaming home for TNT Sports, replacing the BT Sport app. This means that to continue watching TNT Sports online including features such as TimeLine Markers, 4K HDR and full event replays, you will need to download the discovery+ app. This will only impact the way you watch sports online. Nothing else in your package is changing, and you can keep watching the TNT Sports channels as usual. 

With the discovery+ app, you'll be able to enjoy football, rugby and UFC from TNT Sports as well as cycling, tennis and snooker on Eurosport. You'll also get real-life entertainment too, all included in your existing subscription. 

If you have already activated TNT Sports on the discovery+ app, you don't need to do anything. However, if you still need to activate, please visit here https://www.bt.com/sport/discovery-plus 

Check out the frequently asked questions, just click this link FAQs

Cheers

John

102 REPLIES 102
Message 2 of 103

Re: The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October

And those with older smart TVs cant download the new discovery app. What a great service.  Its like they're actively trying to refuse my money.

No wonder people hunt for dodgy streams instead.

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 103

Assuming you have a Samsung 2015 or 2016 TV?
We only just managed to keep the BT Sport app running on those models - it took a LOT of extra effort, and we had to run a dedicated video stream just for them. Most TV providers don't support them anymore.

Discovery+ actually supports a lot more devices than BT Sport did - support has to stop on older devices eventually.

For less than £30 you could buy a device to connect to your TV that would give you a much better experience than the BT Sport app did anyway.
Message 4 of 103

HDR seems to have stopped working on the Discovery+ app on Firesticks.

@JohnC2wrote:

We want to let you know that on 12th October 2023, the BT Sport app & web player will close. 

As part of our partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery, the discovery+ app is the new streaming home for TNT Sports, replacing the BT Sport app. This means that to continue watching TNT Sports online including features such as TimeLine Markers, 4K HDR and full event replays, you will need to download the discovery+ app. This will only impact the way you watch sports online. Nothing else in your package is changing, and you can keep watching the TNT Sports channels as usual. 

With the discovery+ app, you'll be able to enjoy football, rugby and UFC from TNT Sports as well as cycling, tennis and snooker on Eurosport. You'll also get real-life entertainment too, all included in your existing subscription. 

If you have already activated TNT Sports on the discovery+ app, you don't need to do anything. However, if you still need to activate, please visit here https://www.bt.com/sport/discovery-plus 

Check out the frequently asked questions, just click this link FAQs

Cheers

John

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 103

The question is if iplayer, netflix, amazon prime, all 4, uktv and my 5 can all deliver a decent app that works why cant you lot? Good services need good IT behind it. BT or Discovery should be the ones providing a firestick if they cant develop a decent app. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 103

Will the back catalogue of on demand sports content be on discovery+ by the time the BT sport app closes ?

Message 7 of 103

Hi, I'm trying to find details about this - BT website is so complicated and difficult to navigate to find the answers you want.  I've had an email about BT Sport app closing on 12th October.  I have Broadband package - we don't have BT TV because we hardly watch TV!  My 80 year old husband watches the football on BT Sport/TNT Sports on our Samsung TV when Tottenham Hotspurs are playing.  Can he still watch football if BT Sport is closed on 12 October using my BT account (Broadband/Landline)?  If I'm told to add BT TV to my package which means I'll have to pay extra £18 a month???  If that's true, I think that's not fair especially to my husband.

Message 8 of 103

In the email you received, it said the following:

Don’t worry, you can now access even more sports, all in one place with TNT Sports on discovery+.

That means, to keep watching sports online on TNT Sports, you need to activate discovery+.

Simply follow the instructions in that email to activate the discovery+ account, and then you can start using the discovery+ app instead of the BT Sport app.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 103

Yes but to use Discovery+ I need to have BT TV added to my current package???

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 103

No - you don't need BT TV. Your TNT Sports subscription already includes access to discovery+ without any additional charge.  As per the email:

This will only impact the way you watch sports online. Nothing else in your package is changing, and you can keep watching the TNT Sports channels on your TV as usual.

0 Ratings