cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Timeline markers are useful but ...

.. could be even better.

In the past I have been critical of timeline markers as the old BT Sport app used to put them up for the whole match / event / session (even if it wasn't supposed to).  But the Discovery+ app is much more reliable at showing them only up to the play point so useful for the replay of a try etc showing a decent amount of relevant build up compared to the live coverage replays which can be bitty especially if the analyst has a bee in their bonnet about a particular aspect of the play.

But one small improvement would be if it always showed the timeline markers for the start and end of each half of a match which would make it easier to skip over the pre-match and half time chit chat.  Would that be possible?  The one drawback may be for a knockout match where you wouldn't want to know ahead of time if it had gone into extra time or penalties.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Timeline markers are useful but ...

**bleep** up on the timeline marker front this morning when watching the test cricket from the start and it showed several markers from the future that shouldn't have been there! 😞

And I wouldn't have even been watching via the app if I had noticed yesterday that for some peculiar reason the coverage had been moved from TNT1 to TNT2 so my series timer did not kick in.  Given what *was* showing on TNT1 seemed much the lesser option I can't fathom that decision by the schedulers. 😕

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

looking at the scheduling I suspect the Cricket was bumped off TNT 1 to TNT 2 to allow  the Premier League buildup  programming to be on TNT 1 from 11am.   They could have opted to have the pre  football game build up on an alternative channel which they are actually doing with the post game coverage but they didn't.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Not a good reason. Live sport should always trump other programming.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

similar situation occurring this weekend 

Looks like the India v England 5th test on Saturday is to be broadcast on TNT Sports 3. [the other days being broadcast on TNT Sports 1. ) Saturday coverage seems to be split into two  programme slots whereas the other days appear in schedule as one long broadcast.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Yep. Need to be tripling checking all days' coverage. At least the D+ app is there to fall back on these days which is a big improvement on the old BT Sport app in the timeliness and reliability of making the coverage available.

0 Ratings