Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Turn of HDR in TV app

Go to solution

Hi,

Hoping someone can help!

My Samsung TV is 4K HDR compliant, but I only have a basic broadband connection (approx 10-20 Mbps).

BT say you need approx 25 Mbps for 4K and 30 Mbps for 4K HDR.  That is fine, but the TV app gives no option to turn off HDR or 4K...!  My TV has the option so I am getting it regardless of whether I can stream it...!

So whenever an Ultimate event is shown the channel just buffers every 10-15 seconds or so making it totally unusable... 😞

When the match is not 'Ultimate' then I can watch it just fine.

This is such a major flaw that I will cancel my subscription unless I can find a way around it.  Yes my mobile will work fine, but I didn't get BT Sport to watch my main events on a small phone.

As a family we barely use the Internet for anything data intensive (we had a 5 Mbps connection until recently with no problems!), so 15 Mbps is overkill for everything we do.  As such upgrading again is not an option we are looking to pay for.

Anyone know if I can make the app show matches in HD or SD instead?

Many thanks,

Mark

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Turn of HDR in TV app

Go to solution

Hi @SoloBurr 

whilst launching the BT sport App on Samsung  it may promote the live HDR stream as the most prominent tile you should be able to select Channels from either the top or the very bottom of the opening home page and select the relevant channel for example BT sport 2 and you get that channel rather than the ultimate channel.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you @zulu17!

That works great and is so simple!  I'd never strayed off the main start screen so was missing a lot! 🤦🏻‍

Thanks again!  😊🤝👏👏👏

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Pleased to have assisted  

0 Ratings