cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Vanarama National League highlights - wants another £29.99

So on my BT Box Pro with a BT Sport subscription - I look for 'Vanarama National League Highlights' as the last episode just didn't record even though I had a record series set.

I do a search to find it in CatchUp and three are found but all with the 'Prime' logo and it wants £29.99 fee to Amazon to watch them.

Does these means WDB are offering more TNT Sport content to Discovery+ subscribers on Amazon?

I can't even find a catch-up version in the Discovery+ app.

I know I can record it later - but that's not the point.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Vanarama National League highlights - wants another £29.99

Yes, WBD are also selling TNT Sports via Amazon Prime, but they offer the same content.
I just used the search in the discovery+ app and found Vanorama National League Highlights from Sunday. Is that what you are looking for?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Yes - that's the one - but try playing it

Also, should the box search not find it within the box catch-up access first?

@DarrenDevwrote:
Yes, WBD are also selling TNT Sports via Amazon Prime, but they offer the same content.
I just used the search in the discovery+ app and found Vanorama National League Highlights from Sunday. Is that what you are looking for?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@ozsat I see what you mean.  Wow - the Vanarama National League has changed out of all recognition!!!

Seriously though, this is very poor @DarrenDev .

I've been having similar issues trying to follow the Vanarama National League highlights this season.  They are no longer on at a regular time, and they keep bouncing around between the 4 TNT sports channels.  Series link will only pick up the showing on a particular channel, and it varies from week to week as to which channel shows it first.

I have found myself resorting to setting a series link on all four channels then having to delete all the repeat recordings.  Trying to find it on catch-up has been a chore and, as @ozsat has discovered, even when you find a listing it plays a completely different programme!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

OK, rather than being cryptic and wasting my time, why not just mention that you found the correct programme in the discovery+ app and that it's showing Wrestling and MotoGP instead of football?

So 3 points in this thread:

1. The box search shows Amazon Prime results - yes, they now also have TNT Sports content in their app. It's the same content, but the subscriptions are not transferable (you either have access in Prime, OR in discovery+).
2. The box search doesn't include discovery+ results yet - this will come, but the big effort has been in just getting the app there and working.
3. The content for that asset is wrong. That's a discovery+ content issue - I'll try to find who I can notify about that.

p.s. the search facility in the discovery+ app on the box is AWFUL, which is why I was so grumpy above. I can understand why you want it using the proper box search.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@DarrenDev Thanks for your prompt response.  And you've obviously now seen first hand that it's currently a poor user experience! 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Should it not be available as catchup within the BT catch-up system - or does TNT no longer exist in those searches?

I've just found a recording I sent on a VirginMedia box for last weekend  -  and that has the wrong programme too - so it seems the schedule may have changed and nobody at Discovery+ is aware.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

The backwards EPG is only available on some channels - the TNT Sports channels (and BT Sport before) have never had that.
Some videos are available in the BT TV app, but not many.
Message 9 of 10

In the current imperfect world i would suggest that the easiest way of see available Vanarama National League content with Discovery+ app is to  navigate down to the TNT Sports carousel 

- the one that has tiles for  Premier League / Champions League  / Europa League/ MotoGO / UFC …… and eventually Vanarama National League which you select.

Then typically you will get Upcoming  (or Live and Upcoming )  then Extended Highlights  ( which are the half hour match week highlights) , then Latest Replays.

Interestingly the (latest) Extended Highlights  are for Matchweek 7  so latest couple of match weeks seem absent.

Message 10 of 10

I had it set to record - but the recording was not what it said it was - neither was the CatchUp version.

So 7 was the problem one which said it was there. I got it last night by recording a repeat.

Also, it does not seem to air every week.

The whole sport experience with WBD is disheartening.

@zulu17wrote:

In the current imperfect world i would suggest that the easiest way of see available Vanarama National League content with Discovery+ app is to  navigate down to the TNT Sports carousel 

- the one that has tiles for  Premier League / Champions League  / Europa League/ MotoGO / UFC …… and eventually Vanarama National League which you select.

Then typically you will get Upcoming  (or Live and Upcoming )  then Extended Highlights  ( which are the half hour match week highlights) , then Latest Replays.

Interestingly the (latest) Extended Highlights  are for Matchweek 7  so latest couple of match weeks seem absent.

0 Ratings