cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Why Can't I Cancel TNT Sport Online?

Go to solution

I realise this has been asked before, but why, seemingly, can't I cancel TNT sport online? Why isn't there a simple 'cancel' button? If anybody knows how to do this, please could you let me know, as it's not at all clear on the site if this method is available. I resent being made to waste time calling someone to do what should be a simple task online.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Why Can't I Cancel TNT Sport Online?

Go to solution

Can I cancel my discovery+ Premium (incl. TNT Sports)?

Yes, you can cancel your account at any time, no strings attached.

Simply log into MyBT, find discovery+ Premium (incl. TNT Sports) and choose ‘Cancel subscription’.

When you cancel, you can carry on watching content until your existing months billing period expires.

You need to cancel your subscription the day before it’s due to renew at the latest. You can check when your subscription is due to renew in MyBT.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

This is not true all I get when I try is the advertisements for buying the TNT Sports + Discovery Plus and it is like I'm not logged in, I click the login on the banner and it just takes me back to my BT login and then I'm right at the start again.

I go to manage my TNT package and it just wants me to upgrade to HD or says We can't process this right now please call us.

I've looked all over my account and can't find this cancel button that everybody says is easy to find, and when you go to Discovery Plus it just says to change your subscription you need to EE/BT to manage your subscription.

this is just a joke as I don't want to have to ring up BT to just cancel a simple subscription that I only got to watch the Champions League when it said I could cancel any time I wanted.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@DanielA2706 those instructions only apply to users who have purchased a monthly pass at £29.99/month.  They can pause/resume their subscription at any time, as it's not tied to a BT Broadband or TV subscription.

Your subscription is tied to your BT Broadband account, and as with all other BT services you need to talk to us to cancel.

Edit (sorry, I was wrong with my previous comment).  To cancel, it appears you do need to call us:

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/orders-and-upgrades/existing-customer/tnt-sports/cancel

You could try the online chat option first if you want - let us know if that works.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I've just had the same experience when seeking to cancel the rolling monthly TNT Sports via the Discovery + app.
I had to call BT to cancel it and it took a manager to be finally able to remove the subscription.

Quite a rigmarole for something that should be simple.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

This saga continues… I called up BT and cancelled the rolling monthly subscription on Tuesday (13th Feb) and the confirmation email stated the service would stop on 14 March. 
Just logged into the Discovery+ app this morning and the subscription is already no longer active; yet I’ve still been charged.

Another phone call to BT this morning resulting in a credit to my account, however how this has happened remains a mystery. Hopefully that’s an end to it. 
I’d beware anyone adding this monthly TNT subscription to their account: the hassle simply isn't worth it and the call centre Guides - whilst always helpful - clearly aren’t properly informed about how all this is supposed to operate. 

0 Ratings