cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Wolves v. Liverpool - TNT Sport Ultimate on BT TV

Go to solution

Not complaining, just not sure if this is a bug, a feature or an unencrypted intro that will change at kick-off!

I have BT TV with TNT Sports and only TNT Sports. I do not have the HD/4K add on because the decision was made to offer Discovery+ Premium which includes TNT Sports in HD and UHD/HDR regardless.

Whilst I usually use my Apple TV to watch TNT Sports via Discovery+, I fired up the BT TV Pro box again today, as I do every month or so, to check for updates.

As usual, I can access TNT Sports in the TV Guide in SD (as per my subscription), I can watch TNT Sports in HD and UHD/HDR via the Discovery+ app on the box, but today, I can also watch TNT Sports Ultimate in UHD SDR on channel 433 and UHD HDR on channel 465.

I am asked to subscribe to the HD/4K pack if I select a TNT Sport HD channel in the guide.

So, is it just my lucky day or is this intended? 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wolves v. Liverpool - TNT Sport Ultimate on BT TV

Go to solution

Well, still the same tonight so I have been flicking through Discovery+ (Sky Q and Apple TV) as well as using the BT Pro Box to compare quality.

I have to say, both the UHD and UHD HDR channels are looking fab tonight on the BT Pro Box, better even than the love of my life (Apple TV).

The HD streams on D+ on both Sky Q and Apple TV are soft at best, but I suspect the feed from Italy for the Newcastle game is the likely culprit.

But I do have to say that the SD channels across all the 8 o’clock kick offs are really poor on the BT Pro box. 

The Freeview multicast SD channels are much better quality, it’s almost like someone has done the Sky trick of dialling down the quality to make you buy the HD add on.

Why is the rectangle to identify the stream literally right over the DOG as well? 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wolves v. Liverpool - TNT Sport Ultimate on BT TV

Go to solution

No one cares, adding this to close the thread 🤣.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings