cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

(1) Is BT TV good? (2) Can I stream on additional devices for Netflix?

Usual deal from BT requiring 24 month sign up ....

(1) Is BT TV good?

(2) Can I stream on additional devices for Netflix?

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: (1) Is BT TV good? (2) Can I stream on additional devices for Netflix?

BT TV is good but depending on package you may have to add the HD bolt on if you want HD.

Just to let you know HD bolt on is a little dearer than getting the Now HD boost direct from Now as BT TV HD add on is HD/4k.

Never used the BT pro box so cant comment on that.

You will have to take a 24 months contract and if you get BT FTTC you will also be reconnected to another 24 months. You will also be offered a digital phoneline if you reconnect to FTTC or no phone at all. As the old phonelines are slowly being phased out in the next few years.

You will be offered the basic Netflix 1 screen and in SD. You will have to upgrade package if you want Netflix with 2 screens plus HD.

I cancelled BT TV nearly 7 months ago and went with Now direct with discounts.

My FTTC contract also ends at the end  of February next year. So will be looking at all my options than. Also Openreach FTTP is coming to my area in the first half of next year

l have Netflix direct. Also Prime and Disney + and in over the last year now use my Amazon Firestick more then I do the Youview box for apps.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I agree BT TV is good.

The BT Pro TV box is also good. I have had no problems with it.

When you first set it up, make sure it has been fully updated as when I got it in April, there was an issue with subscribed channels not showing up, but I believe that is fixed now.

Netflix basic is SD at the moment but there is going to be an update shortly to bring the quality up to 720 HD for the basic package in early November.

You get all the basic catchup apps as well as Netflix obviously, Amazon Prime and Britbox, but don't expect Disney Plus and Paramount Plus etc. 

Great for the price of £6 at the current deals. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The current deal of £6 a month don't include the HD bolt on. That is extra.

0 Ratings