cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 10

4k UHD content now on BTTV

So looks like BT are adding 4k UHD content.

The first I have noticed is Snatch:

A group of up-and-coming hustlers who stumble upon a truck-load of stolen gold bullion are suddenly thrust into the high-stakes world of organized crime. Enjoy this series in stunning 4K, with a 4K TV subscription and Ultra HD box.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: 4k UHD content now on BTTV

Nice spot, would be good for BT to tell people.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

So I've just registered on the forums so I can post on this thread!

I'm going to start by declaring my position on BT TV, I've been a BT TV subscriber for a couple of years now...

I have BT's UHD Box...

I would consider my general position on BT to be a critical one, however, I believe my view to be an honest and fair one 🙂

But I am just one person, and I would never assume I know better than anyone else on here, and that I my view is the right view...

So to the reason that brought me to this post!

As a BT UHD subscriber you have led the way with BT UHD Sport! The picture for me is superb!!!

But that was it.... 😞 we went for months without anything more, it felt like 4K UHD and bceome an abandoned project?

Then, out of the blue, without any press announcement you slip out "Snatch" in 4K UHD!!!

And, as with the 4K UHD football, the picture quality is stunning!

Well done, but... we still don't have iPlayer 4K UHD, and we still don't have Dolby Atmos in Netfilx!!!

However, I hope that "Snatch" in 4K UHD is a glimpse of what the future holds? If it is... then all I can say is give us that future sooner rather then later... but for now... thank you for putting picture quality first...!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

@4KTVFan

Lots of nice things are planned for BT TV,  but they do not announce them until its ready to be fully rolled out.

Content is sometimes added so that new services or products can be tested..

Things like iPlayer UHD is something the BBC will have some control over and their beta version is only avalible on certain tv's. However if you go into settings on the iPlayer App on the BT TV Box (UHD) goto settings it may allow you to enter the beta app.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

This is just yet another frustration with the BT TV service for me.

My max line speed means I cannot subscribe to the BT 4K UHD service, so I have to have Max HD, which means I pay the same as someone who has the 4K service, I get a 4K UHD box and yet I cannot watch this on demand content as I don't have a 4K UHD subscription.

Yet my line speed is fast enough for me to watch Netflix, Amazon Video and BBC iPlayer in 4K HDR, Dolby Vision and HLG HDR via my TV or Apple TV 4K!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

@stereohaven

What is your current line speed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

@Dean007wrote:

@stereohaven

What is your current line speed

44mb, but my guranteed speed is lower, around 32mb. I'm led to believe this is why no one at BT can add UHD to my account, not enough headroom.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 10

Two things:

1:  Today the website offered me BT Sport 4k which I've tried to get before but has always been unvailable. Once it let me order it and the 4k box - but eventually BT gave up trying to provide access saying my line speeds are not suitable.

Today the website again offered me the option to upgrade but suspecting another fault I called to ask for it to be checked. The CS team said it was an option for me and switched it on. All is working today after years of waiting.

My impacted downstream rate says 42mb - so perhaps they have changed something?

2: Where on my BT UHD box can I find Snatch in UHD?  Everywhere I look is just the HD version.

An update to this one - it was only offering me SD or HD - but when I play the programme is says 4K where it normally would say HD.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

@ozsat

Many things seemed to be planned for BT TV, if you do a search in the BT app on the UHD box for Snatch (look for the tile with snatch in yellow) it will have 4K in the smaller grey box under the main tile.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 10

from what i understand, they have to provide enough bandwidth for you to be able to watch UHD and still  record another HD channel. So there has to be spare capacity on your connection to stop people moaning that they can't WiFi to 20 devices while streaming 4k... 

0 Ratings