cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

A HUGE request to BT (Box Office Availability)

Hi BT, Please be so kind to read through this fully as I'm exhausted with this and have been trying since last August to get Plusnet to update their channel list so that we can have access to BT Sport Box Office within our channel list which is essential to us as BT Sport subscribers.

I've been really frustrated banging my head against a wall in regards to this as all I want is to be able to access it so that I can purchase some of your Box Office events, something you're also losing money out of also by not allowing me to do so.

I've spoke to BT, Plusnet and Youview SO many times over the past 10 months and the best I've had is "Put a post on the forum" from Plusnet and BT saying to speak to Plusnet to do it with Plusnet replying with "There are no immediate plans" meaning they're not going to do this for us unless BT either get onto them to do it which often I'm told by BT just to speak to Plusnet, it's just going round in circles and becoming frustrating.

BT Sport Box Office is on the Youview platform channel number 494 but is just missing from the Plusnet service, so we can't even access it at all.

There's NO PS4 app, NO Xbox app, NO Now TV app, NO Smart TV app, the BT Sport Box Office is only available on very few platforms (Virgin, BT and Sky) and I've tried the whole Chromecast thing which isn't an option for me (I had to send it back), I don't have a laptop or can I link up HDMI's to my TV because my TV is mounted on my wall and also there isn't any spare HDMI sockets either (I also don't even have a laptop) and I don't want to sit and watch on my phone because I need it on my TV for myself and also when friends come round to watch events, this is really important.

I'm just so incredibly frustrated with it because I'm getting nowhere and I'm exhausted now, can you PLEASE be so kind to make this Box Office channel more available to your BT Sport subscribers cause at the end of the day it doesn't matter what platform we use to subscribe to you through, we are all loyal paying customers and when we don't have access to Box Office you are taking things away from us completely which is incredibly unfair.

Either talk with Plusnet to do this because they can do it and this is the response I'm getting from Plusnet now.

"This is because of the dev work required to update the firmware on box and create a billing infrastructure to bill for Box Office - but could potentially be looked into if/when a new box is provided by ourselves - this is not in any roadmap the support team have or will see. Do not expect this to happen at any point in the near future."

In other words, they don't want to do it but this is not only frustrating us as subscribers it's also taking it away from us completely and not enabling us to purchase the events from you which also is losing BT a lot of money also from potential customers. 

The billing can easily be paid online direct to BT and then the channel is on once done so, Plusnet don't have to add this to their billing infrastructure and even if they did I'm sure this can be worked around anyway considering BT and Plusnet are close companies. 

The BT Sport Box Office channel is becoming more and more essential now for your BT customers to have access to, simply because more and more things are going on to the Box Office which is making it very frustrating for those who can't even access it.

I'm honestly exhausted as all I want is to be able to access this easily like everyone else, could you guys please get on to Plusnet and sort this out so that we can have it available to us also, it's very, very unfair that it's taken away from us and that we have no access to it.

Please also make it more accessible if you can too on more platforms. I could also use PS4 or Now TV if it was available through those as I have those also , I can get Sky Sports Box Office on Now TV also but not BT Sport, it's so frustrating.

I'm honestly exhausted in regards to this so please be so kind to get onto this and make it a priority to cater for your customers on platforms outside of the Virgin, Sky or BT, it really is restricting us from being able to purchase and enjoy your events and it's also very frustrating due to the fact it's an essential part of the BT Sport package now.

Here is the channel list that showcases BT Sport Box Office being available on the Youview platforms but they just need to be updated: 

YouView channel list - BT TV, TalkTalk TV, Plusnet TV

Thank you so much and hope to hear from you soon 🙂 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
garybs29
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: A HUGE request to BT (Box Office Availability)

I get your frustration but just to be clear it's also available in app & on the web not just BT, Virgin or Sky

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I know Gary, but as I mentioned this is no good for me. I need this on my TV and my TV is mounted on my wall so I can't even connect anything to HDMI because of this and also there is no spare HDMI sockets either. I also bought and tried a Chromecast which didn't really work for me, everything that connected to my TV connected to it anyway without the Chromecast (IE Youtube etc..) and the Chromecast wouldn't work from the PC to the TV and on the phone it was just not very reliable connection wise, it kept spinning and loading and if it did connect it wasn't really great, I sent it back because it just wasn't a good alternative for me though I did try (although to be fair we shouldn't have to be doing all this as customers too).

I honestly just wish they'd update it on the other platforms and maybe get some more alternatives out there. As I say I could use the PS4, Now TV or even a Smart TV app if it was available but it's not, it's just restricting customers from being able to access it as well as taking things away from them completely when events are on Box Office and they don't even have the option to purchase it. 

I can get Sky Box Office on Now TV so Sky are a step ahead of them at least but BT Sport are losing a lot of potential buys on their PPV events by not having it available to all of their loyal paying customers who are also contributing to their business too, regardless of what platform they subscribe to them on. 

It's just so, so frustrating and at the end of the day, we just want to buy their Box Office events, I find this very unfair. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
garybs29
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Again I understand but you mention being able to get Sky Sports box office on Now TV who are owned by Sky, can you get it anywhere else which isn't owned by them? It's the same situation here it's maybe not as simple as adding it to other providers there's likely costs etc involved

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

I've no idea Gary, I just know that recently it came on to the Now TV platform did the Sky Box Office.

Either way, I just hope BT can help push this here to get it available and more accessible to their BT Sport subscribers in the various platforms. Not only will that benefit BT for their PPV buys but it'll also make all their BT Sport subscribers happy too.

This is the reason also why a lot of people stream and it's a problem for them there, I personally don't like the streaming thing cause they're not reliable and I'd much rather just pay to purchase an event and have it as a solid buy but it's just becoming incredibly difficult and they're making it really hard for us to do so.

I guess we all have different situations on regards to availability options but if they covered more grounds and made it more accessible for people this would help massively on both sides.

I hope they can do it, there's so many options out there where they can expand on it more but it's very minimal at the moment which is making things difficult.

Thanks for the replies by the way Gary, I really appreciate it 😊

0 Ratings
garybs29
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I believe the answer from PlusNet mentions development etc which probably answers why it's not available in any case as these things would cost money for what is likely not a very high return, just a guess on my part though

0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Yeah, hopefully they can just do something with this, I mean Plusnet and BT are also part of the same company so it's surprising really that it wasn't done in the first place.

I wouldn't even mind if there was some of the other alternatives, of course I'd prefer it in my channel list as it's already available on the Youview platform as shown in the link above but it's just not there from some of the providers.

I hope BT can sort something with this then it'll be good for all 🙂 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

As a plusnet customer and not a BT customer you need to be lobbying Plusnet as they are the ones who need to raise your request with BT.  You should also be posting on Plusnet forum and see if you can get support from other Plusnet customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MoeSzyslak
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Hi @imjolly I have haha. That's what I've been trying to do for so long, 10 months worth hence coming here. 

It's like banging my head against a brick wall with Plusnet about this (which by the way, they're absolutely fantastic despite this).

Basically BT want Plusnet to approach them and Plusnet want BT to approach them so it's such a catch 22, we just need one of them to help as customers just simply cannot do this.

Customers can't push this, trust me we've tried and tried but it's getting nowhere, the most recent response being the one pasted in the original post.

All we want to do is to be able to purchase the events, I mean it's quite frustrating when things are on Box Office and we can't even have the choice to purchase it, it's just completely taking it away from us.

Trust me I've tried and tried and tried for 10 months over this to the point where I'm becoming exhausted now with it.

However thanks for the response though, I appreciate it 😊

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

As this is a community forum for BT customer your posts do not go to BT although they may be read by the forum mods but they do not read all the posts. It is highly unlikely you are going to make any progress on this community forum 

i suppose you could always switch ISP to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings