Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
YNWA_13
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

AMC on Sky

So is it safe to assume that this will be in HD on Sky?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
ozsat
Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: AMC on Sky

No - it seems it will only be in HD on BT-TV.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
YNWA_13
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

If thats the case and BT are holding back the HD version, then i won't be watching!

This is 2015, HD is a must!!!!

0 Ratings
marshr
Message 4 of 16

Agreed BT completely out off there depth even  trying to compete with Sky. 

Not in HD is incredible

0 Ratings
smn74uk1
Message 5 of 16

Quite agree!!  I am very disappointed by this and I personally feel that having to pay for HD and not get it, is a joke!!

What is strange is that HD is pretty much the norm and is nothing new anymore....but everyone still charges you a premium!!  Its not NEW anymore! Both Sky & BT are guilty of this.

And as I wath Fear The WAlking Dead in SD I am missing the clarity I get from FOX HD when I watch The Walking Dead.........I could probably rip a copy from the net in HD and with a better picture!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 16

An earlier  moderator post did state:

It’ll broadcast on channel 192 and at launch will be available in standard definition only. A HD option is in the pipeline, and when that in available you’ll need A BT Sport Pack HD subscription to view the HD version of the channel.

0 Ratings
neila4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

They're trying to keep it to to BT TV but forgetting that people are paying £23 odd on the Sky Platform and quite rightly expect it. We don't even get the SD version on Virgin.
0 Ratings
YNWA_13
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Yes AMC HD will be launching on Sky in October for those with BT Sport pack and the HD bolt-on!

Guessing its stuck in the Sky launch queue, just a shame wasn't available at launch but October is better than nothing at all

rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 16

There's no 'launch queue' at Sky - the channel would launch when BT want it to. They could have had HD at the start of AMC if they wanted to.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

The PQ in SD was very good on my Samsung.
0 Ratings