Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrpaddyr
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Accessing BRITBOX on the TV with BT's 6 month free trial

Go to solution

I have recently changed my BT TV package and taken advantage of the 6 months BRITBOX trial on offer.

As part of the deal I registered for BRITBOX and have a username and password, which allows me access on iPad and iPhone.

This works perfectly.

However when I attempt to connect to BRITBOX on my Panansonic smart TV, it prompts me to login/register and input a number displayed on the TV screen when the application on my iPhone/iPad requests it. This does not happen.

I have deleted the app, logged out/in but still no request to input the number. 

Last gasp before deleting my account and attempting the process again.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
mrpaddyr
Beginner
Message 2 of 20

Re: Accessing BRITBOX on the TV with BT's 6 month free trial SOLUTION

Go to solution

SOLUTION from help@britbox.co.uk worked first time

if you follow the below steps in order, it should get you up and running in no time 🙂

1. If you click the 'try free' you will then receive a 6 digit code

2. When the code is on your TV, grab a different device

3. Log into your BritBox account via the web browser

4. When done, pop into the web address bar https://www.britbox.co.uk/code  (being sure to include the ‘www.’ part)

5. You will then see 'Account Device Authorisation'

6. Stick the code in and click 'Confirm'

7. Do the same on your TV when this is activated and you will be able to start watching!

Martin_Gibson
Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution
  • I had to go through the process described by mrpaddyr again a week after first activating the 6 month free trial. I can only assume that Britbox were treating me as being on their 1 week free trial for the first week. The website did not respond at first but everything is now working for me.
0 Ratings
NilocW40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution
But to set up an account on Britbox in the first place you have to sign up for the 7 day free trial and enter your credit card details. Having then gone through your script, viewing my account still shows only 7 days free trial, NOT 6 months! How does it verify you are a BT customer with qualifying services!?
0 Ratings
Martin_Gibson
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

First, add Britbox to your BT account, then go to the Britbox website & follow the process described above. You shouldn't have to give Britbox your credit card details.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Yes - you need to start the sign up for a Britbox account from within your BT Account to get the 6 month offer.

• Then go to the Overview page and scroll down to Content Partners. There should be a special link to set up a new Britbox account.
NilocW40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Okay. I've done that and it's updated my Britbox account to the 6 month trial. I can now login and view programs on my iPad.

Unfortuneately, although I can go into the app on my TV via the BT Youview box, whatever program I select to watch just results in a red screen!!

Any ideas? My TV is not connected directly to the BT Youview box. The connection is via a Sony receiver for surround sound (but thats not unusual). Might that be the problem? Do I need to register my 'TV' with Britbox somehow?

I watch other streaming services like Netflix and Prime programs with this setup with no problems.

0 Ratings
PBenny
Beginner
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Great solution, this worked for me, Britbox now up and running on my Samsung TV.

Why can’t BT provide proper set-up instructions in the first place ? The usual  sloppy approach to things from BT.  

0 Ratings
Raeburn_28
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Have been trying to access this offer over last few weeks without success.  Raised issue as complaint with BT but they could not resolve. Tried following solution by Colin_London but when I scroll down on Overview page do not see Content Partners?

0 Ratings
NilocW40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
Britbox started working properly on the TV the following day, so it looked like it just needed some time for the change to become effective. Having said this, it was a cumbersome method to get access to the free offer. Anyone would think they don’t want customers to take up the offer!?
0 Ratings