cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Adding BT Sport Ultimate to legacy package

With the recent changes to the packages BT offer, I suspect I know the answer to this question but interested in the thoughts of others...

Currently I have a T2100 and I'm on the legacy Entertainment Max package.  I have recently got hold of a T4000.  I've set it up and everything works as expected except for the BT Sport Ultimate channel.  It tells me I need to phone BT or upgrade online.  Attempting to upgrade online just pushes me towards the new packages.

Is it possible to add Ultra HD to my current legacy packages or would I have to take a new package to get it added?  For the record I'm not interested in changing to the new Now TV packages as I would lose Eurosport etc and the new Classic pack isn't as good value as the Entertainment Max package I'm currently on.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Adding BT Sport Ultimate to legacy package

Interestingly this web page states:

If you were a BT TV customer before 21 February 2020

You'll be able to watch 4K if you have the Max or Total Entertainment package.  If you want to change plan, you’ll need to move to one our new flexible packages. 

I have "Entertainment Max", I presume that's different from the "Max" or "Total Entertainment" package they mention above?

0 Ratings
Bluemoon1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

@ledgie  I’m on Max HD I phoned to enquire about BT Ultimate in early January but BT wanted an extra £7 pm on top of my current discounted package, so I declined, I don’t have the BT 4K box, but as I have a Samsung 4K UHD tv I downloaded the bt sport app to my Tv and when 4K is broadcast I tune into the app on the Tv and watch on there at no extra cost. Can’t really tell much difference in picture to be honest between 4K and HD. Also phoned them when new packages came  and was advised to keep my Max HD because of the discount I am on. 

Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Bluemoon1 

The reason that you can't tell the difference between 4k and HD on the app is that you're only getting the HD broadcast. You'll only get the 4k if you have the 4k subscription. In the app, go to Settings/Device Checker and it'll show whether you have access to Ultimate through the app.

0 Ratings
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

@Bluemoon1wrote:

@ledgie  I’m on Max HD I phoned to enquire about BT Ultimate in early January but BT wanted an extra £7 pm on top of my current discounted package, so I declined, 

Thanks @Bluemoon1 .  I suspect this offer isn't even available now that they have moved to the new packages.  Like you, I would have turned it down anyway.  Looks like there will be no BT Sport Ultimate for me until a time where I'm forced onto the new packages.

Bluemoon1
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

@Andy005 Yes device checker confirms access to BT Ultimate in 4K UHD.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

@Bluemoon1wrote:

@Andy005 Yes device checker confirms access to BT Ultimate in 4K UHD.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you have a 4k box already if you have access to Ultimate, or is there an app only subscription?

I have found myself that quite often the app doesn't pick up the 4k stream on my Samsung, if I switch to the 4k box there is a huge difference. I also think that the picture is brighter and more vivid on the box compared to the app.

0 Ratings
Bluemoon1
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

@Andy005  I was never offered a 4K box when I changed to Max HD to reduce my payments they offered me Max hd but no mention of new box. It was only by chance I found I could get it on the app. But when I look at my subscription on MYBT it states access  to BTSport in 4K. As mentioned before they wanted £7 a month more when I phoned them. 

zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

A couple of observations .

1 The top legacy  TV packages like Total Entertainment , Max 4K  and Max Hd had the Bt sport Ultimate App entitlement.

2 on the legacy TV packages to get 433 BT Sport Ultimate [formerly known as BT Sport 4K) channel you had to  be on a legacy package that included it ie like Total Entertainment or Max 4K. there is also the minimum broadband speed  required to take those packages.

0 Ratings