Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjwebb7
Beginner
Message 1 of 34

Alibi Channel

Go to solution

I have the BT TV VIP package but I can’t get the Alibi channel? Does anyone know why this might be?

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 34

Re: Alibi Channel

Go to solution

Hi @pjwebb7 

It isn't included in the package, it's as simple as that. Eurosport is also not included in the Now TV offerings.

0 Ratings
pjwebb7
Beginner
Message 3 of 34

Go to solution

So why is this on the BT website?

Alibi on BT TV: How to watch

UKTV's Alibi is one of the extra entertainment channels available for BT TV customers.

Last updated: 2 December 2019 - 11.43am

Channel Name: Alibi

Channel Number: 312

HD Channel Number: 383

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 34

Go to solution

That's BT for you. If you have just joined BT then you will get the channels as listed under the VIP package. If you were already a BT TV customer then you would have kept Alibi if you hadn't changed packages. I have the Max 4k package which includes Alibi on 312 and 383 as you've stated. So in that respect BT are correct in what they're publishing, however they should make it clear that it now only applies to legacy packages.

If I change my package I would lose Alibi, and others.

0 Ratings
pjwebb7
Beginner
Message 5 of 34

Go to solution
I upgraded from 4K Max to VIP and lost Alibi. Where’s the logic in that?
0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 34

Go to solution

It doesn't make sense to me which is why I'll be staying on my current package for as long as I can.

Presumably it's to do with what Now TV are allowed to offer contractually.

GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 34

Go to solution

This is the reason I am also sticking with my current pack (MaxHD which includes BT Sport), for as long as possible, Alibi is the one of the main channels watched in our household and we do not want to lose it, I get passes to watch NOWTV, even better now as the app has been added to the BT box, I get NOWTV Entertainment passes very cheaply, and thanks to where a family member works, quite often free, so see no point to switching to one of BTs new TV packages, people do say, you are not able to record channels though, which here at least, we find no problem as there is a good catch up service with NowTV, with programmes often turning up on catch up before they have been actually broadcast, so the recording feature does not attract me at the moment. My TV contract ends on December 20th, be intresting to see what I will be offered, if anything, to continue with BTTV.  May have to be the Classic Entertainment pack it seems, although when you have to add BT Sport as a bolt on, as well as HD, the price will be quite a bit more than what I am currently paying for MAXHD. 

Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 34

Go to solution

Is the HD Bolt On available for the Classic Pack @GarryJ ?

I thought that when the new packages launched there was some discussion that Classic was SD only.

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 34

Go to solution

Yes, my mistake, it seems you are correct there, another one in the eye for those of us that would prefer to stick with our current TV package it seems!

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 34

Go to solution

@GarryJwrote:

Yes, my mistake, it seems you are correct there, another one in the eye for those of us that would prefer to stick with our current TV package it seems!

My contract is up as well in December so I'll have a look nearer the time. The addition of recordable Now TV is good overall, but without Eurosport and Alibi I doubt that I will go for it.

0 Ratings