Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 34

Re: Alibi Channel

Go to solution

The BT Sport base pack I am offered is £15, rather than the £25 monthly pass option, the thing I was trying to work out is, am I required to get a entertainment pack add on as well or could I just stick with BT Sport as my base pack with no entertainment required? I dread to phone BT at the moment, which I would usually do, as I have been given so many different answers to questions recently from staff who seem just as confused as I am over these TV packages!

0 Ratings
4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 34

Go to solution

@GarryJ 

The Sport Package at £15pm looks to be a standalone package, with all the Freeview Channels and BT AMC included, you have to a BT Broadband package along side it.

This package is SD, so if you want HD you need the BT HD bolt-on, which I think is £5pm.

There is no mention of the BT Sport App, so I don't know if it's included or not, it may be an extra cost.

But yes, if you want a basic SD BT Sports TV package, it's £15pm plus your chosen BT Broadband option.

*** Edit ***

Don't forget, when you take out a new contract you have 14 days in which to change your mind.

Also, and this is important... when you take out a contract BT must send you an order conformation, it is Ofcom rules... normally by email these days, within that order conformation is a list of services and terms, including the channels, features, add-ons, etc. This is important, read it and make sure it is what you expect and want, if not, get straight back in touch with BT and discuss it.

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 34

Go to solution

Thanks again for the reply, I was not looking at changing anything yet until my MaxHd contract ends in December, this was just one of the options I was thinking about, the HD add on would not be a problem, the only  sticky thing may be, the BT Sport app, as it is handy at the moment in other rooms as it is now available through the Now TV sticks as well.  Never knew I had it so good with the MaxHD pack with everything included in one place, rather than all these addons and extra costs!!

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 34

Go to solution

There is the BT Sport app only option at £15, something I've looked into as well. Seems a bit steep but maybe a deal is possible while renewing your broadband. The downside it's not recordable, the upside it will stream in HD. 

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 34

Go to solution

The app is included in all packages when you have sport direct with bt, be it on bt tv or sky

4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 34

Go to solution

@garybs29 

So why don't BT just clearly state this?

Surely it would bring in more customers?

I've just been to their website and looked at the BT Sports Package, there is no mention of the BT Sports APP for the £15pm fee?

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 34

Go to solution

They do

Screenshot_20200704-184407_Chrome.jpg

4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution

Thanks! @garybs29 

Where are finding this?

The problem is that many users are finding BT TV's current offers confusing and hard to navigate?

It looks like this is a BT Sports APP offer+TV and not a BT TV offer+BT Sports APP???

I'm I right?

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 34

Go to solution

Here  - https://www.bt.com/sport/buy?s_intcid=con_portal_sport_hero_banner_bt-sport_premier_league_champions...

It's on the tv packages as well. In any case from the very start of BT Sport being sold (as far as I'm aware anyway) as long as you have BT Sport on BT tv or Sky (now has to paid for via BT) you get app access included too

4KTVFan
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 34

Go to solution

Thanks ! @garybs29 

@GarryJ 

https://www.bt.com/sport/buy?s_intcid=con_portal_sport_hero_banner_bt-sport_premier_league_champions...

So @GarryJ  it seems you can get access to the BT Sports APP for your £15 a month.

Why BT make this so hard to find I don't know.

Credit to this information goes to @garybs29  who found and posted it!