Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 98

Re: All Sky channels coming to BT

@jam2000 wrote:
Shows on sky via now tv are there for several months so don't really need to record.

Not true of live sports events though which you may want to watch As Live when you need to be doing something else first.

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 12 of 98

One of the most obtuse press releases of the year with so many issues unresolved. 

This is how I read it.

ALL Sky Sports channels will be available on the same basis as SS Main Event is on BTTV so these will be recordable as that channel is now. 

Channels currently on the NOW TV Entertainment pack only, ie not now on BTTV, will be available via an enhanced YouView  NOW TV app that's restricted currently to Cinema only at present. 

Channels currently on both BTTV AND the Now TV Entertainment pack will continue to be available on BTTV but also available on the NOW TV App. This is the position with Sky Cinema content on BTTV currently. 

As for the quality issue of NOW TV, I suspect that this will be addressed in 2018 prior to the start of this deal in 2019. There's reasonably strong suggestions that the new Broadband Sky Q service due imminently WILL provide the necessary streams of 'proper' HD content that NOW TV can piggy-back on. NOW TV is currently recruiting trailists for 'a new hardware product' too. 

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 98

@KernowChris wrote:

One of the most obtuse press releases of the year with so many issues unresolved. 

It seems a strange one to be sure. Unfortunately no one knows how until the nuts and bolts of it are revealed.

Plus theres another factor to further muddy the waters - as we all know YouView is currently rebuilding NextGen from the ground up and have only scratched the surface so far. So who knows what technological delights & developments it will have in 2019? And what state Now TV?

Its a sad state of affairs when a press release raises more questions than it answers. Mind you, Sky do it as well.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 98

Keyinferno wrote

as we all know YouView is currently rebuilding NextGen from the ground up.

Do we?  I didn't.

0 Ratings
hyper01
Contributor
Message 15 of 98

I thought they were destroying it, cannot see any improvements in the 'rebuild'

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 98

@gomezz wrote:

Keyinferno wrote

Do we?  I didn't.

You need to get up to speed mate. 🙂

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 98

@hyper01 wrote:

I thought they were destroying it

Really? So what are you going to get in its place

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 98

@Keyinferno wrote:

@gomezz wrote:

Keyinferno wrote

Do we?  I didn't.

You need to get up to speed mate. 🙂

Very informative.  Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 98

@Keyinferno  they are most definitely not rebuilding Next Gen from the ground up. They have replaced Old Gen with Next Gen so why do you think they'd start rebuilding Next Gen again after releasing it a little over a year ago? By your thinking we're about to get a release of 'Next Next Gen'.

@jam2000  http://www.nowtv.com/entertainment/moreinfo

@KernowChris  agreed these statements from BT and Sky leave more questions than answers. Reading this again http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/bt-and-sky-agree-supply-of-market-leading-tv-channels-on-each-others... I still believe BT customers will only be getting Now TV and not linear channels. I hope I'm proven wrong but they only seem to mention the Now TV method of delivering channels in any of the statements currently publicly available.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 20 of 98

I interpret the opposite, “As a result of this agreement, BT TV customers will be able to take all eleven Sky Sports channels, as well as a NOW TV Entertainment pass”. Itake that as using the existing EPG for the remaining Sky Sports channels and offering the Now TV app for the new Entertainment Channels.

As been said, both statement are poorly worded.

Stew

0 Ratings