cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

All4, ITV HUB and NOW Tv apps show very low quality picture and subtitles missing

Hi

Just to clarify NOW TV app shows hd picture but no subs on any of the channels. SKY News HD is missing  

ITV HuB and ALL4 display very low quality picture and no subs. 

On my amazon stick all of the above show hd quality including subs. 

My box is youview G4 and i have entertainment package with NOW TV 

Is there a way to : 

1. get good quality picture on ALL 4 and ITV hub

2. is there a way to get subtitles on all of the above

3. Why is Sky News HD missing from NOW TV app ? It does not look like i benefitted much from letting BT add my existing NOW TV subscription to be added to BT TV when now i dont get subtitles and SKY NeWS HD is missing?

I would appreciate any clarification. 

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: All4, ITV HUB and NOW Tv apps show very low quality picture and subtitles missing

I have the Now TV Big Entertainment plus HD add on and the same sort of  problem but depending on what you are watching for not all programmes are in HD on All4 or ITV Hub. No matter if you are watching via the Youview box or the Amazon Fire Stick.

Sky News HD has been missing and saying coming soon on the Now TV app on the Youview box for months now but the HD version of Sky News is on the Now TV app on the Amazon Fire stick.

For the moment there is no subtitles on the Now TV app on the Youview box and that's down to Sky not Youview or BT.

Sky News missing from the Now TV app on Youview is also down to when Sky will add the channel to the app.

I find the Amazon Fire Stick to be a little better than using the apps on the Youview box but saying that I watched an old episode of Hill Street Blues this afternoon and Picture quality on All4 via the Amazon Fire Stick was poor. Had to watch on the Youview box and although picture quality was still not great it seemed better than on the Amazon Fire Stick. So with the likes of All4 just depends what you are watching.

Darren

0 Ratings