cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Control67
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Amazon Prime 4K content

Bear with me - it's a bit of a ramble; but I wonder if anyone can shed light on this. Given the current situation I've given up contacting BT because I'm just tying up their 'phone lines.

I upgraded to the VIP package when it came out, and as part of that I carried over my UHD/4K from the old package.  I then (for obvious reasons) 'downgraded' to the Big Entertainment package (this took hours on the phone over several phone calls).  I also have Netflix and a 6 month free trial of Amazon Prime.

Then I realised that I had lost my Now TV HD access - more phone calls and it was reinstated (3 days ago) at a cost of £5 per month. I have an email order from BT and the Sky HD channels are back.  'My BT' shows that I have BT Ultra HD and the Now TV boost but I've noticed that my Amazon Prime menu looks subtly different. I am sure there used to be a section that said something like "4K TV included on Prime".   But that is not there anymore, and I've scrolled up, down, left and right, but can't see it.  Is it possible for the 4K to be removed?

Also if I try to 'manage' my 'bolt-on's the online menu still gives me the option to add 4K UHD - . It's all confused me. I know I have HD but don't know how to check if I'm getting 4K/UHD - 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Amazon Prime 4K content

Hi @Control67 

Try searching for Series that are in 4k, such as Jack Ryan, James May Our Man In Japan, Amazon don't make it easy to find 4k stuff included with Prime. 

In the top left hand corner of the programme tile, there'll be 'UHD' just above the Prime logo. It's not easy to see.

You're right that they do seem to have removed the menu, maybe to deter users from using bandwidth, but the programmes are there in UHD. I always search for them now just to see if they are available in 4k.

0 Ratings
Control67
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Amazon Prime 4K content

Ok thanks, I'll give that a go

0 Ratings