Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mac004
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Amazon Prime Video Activation Problem

Go to solution

Hi can someone PLEASE PLEASE help me with my amazon prime video activation? BT customer service keep fobbing me off with its their fault but I am fed up waiting for this to be activated. Can someone PLEASE HELP? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
NeilO
Message 2 of 9

Re: Amazon Prime Video Activation Problem

Go to solution

Hi @mac004, I'm sorry about the problems activating your Amazon prime video. I'll message you know so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help if we can.  We're quite busy at the moment so it will take a couple of days before we'll be able to get back to you.

0 Ratings
mac004
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

0 Ratings
mac004
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I was a TalkTalk customer and left to come to BT on 13th August 2020. I ordered Amazon Prime Video as part of my order. The activation link was never generated. I contacted BT customer service and they removed it from my order and reapplied it back on. I received an email from BT saying that my Amazon Prime Video was now activated with the wording "thanks for activating your Amazon Prime Video". I never activated it so it must have been the customer service center that done this for me. However Amazon Prime Video still did not work with the message on screen telling me to sign up. I have contacted BT customer service two more times but despite the call handler saying it would be fixed and working in a couple of days, I am STILL waiting for it to work. All I get is the message to sign up. I hope you can help. 

0 Ratings
David_H
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @mac004 and @NeilO we have arranged for the account to be recreated and you should have an email with and activation link inside the BT Order Confirmation. Could you check if that has arrived, and if it has fixed this issue for you?

Thanks

David

mac004
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi David, I have received the Amazon Prime Video Activation email. I have followed the link to activate Amazon Prime Video and it is now working on my mobile phone. I am currently out of the house and do not know if it is working on my BT Youview box but I assume if it is working on my phone and showing in 'My BT' app now as part of my package, that it will indeed work on my BT box. I will test it out soon and confirm. Thanks very much for your help. 

0 Ratings
David_H
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
You are very welcome. Please do check on the TV box at your convenience and feel free to send me a message if there's any issue we might still need to look at.

Thank you for your commendable patience at this time.
David
0 Ratings
mac004
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks David, I'll post again on Friday when I have made sure everything is OK on all devices. Look out for a post/email from me on Friday late. 

0 Ratings
mac004
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi David, I can now confirm that my Amazon Prime Video is fully working on my BT youview box and all my other devices. I want to thank you for all your help and everything else that you have done for me. Will I mark this post as an accepted solution now?