cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haribo
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Are BT going to make BT sports pay after a year?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jun/27/regulators-force-bskyb-pay-tv-entrants

He also hinted that BT's much-hyped offer of "free" Premier League football – the company says there will be no cost beyond its broadband rental package – might not last that long.

"This is not a short-term offer, but we only do offers at 12 months at a time, we don't generally do offers longer than that," he said. "We'll review it as we review all our products and see how it is doing over the course of the next year. We will see how it's doing and decide what we do going forward. It is not a gimmick, it is intended to be a long-term offer, but we'll see."

So the head of BT says they don't normally do offers over 12 months. You do contracts over 12 months though don't you?

I have just signed an 18 month BB contract with BT and I did so purely on the basis of getting free BT sports. If that BT sports stops being free just 12 months into that 18 month contract then that truly would be the end of any possible relationship between BT and I. I would never consider using their services again.

How dare they claim offers are 12 months only but then have 18 month contracts?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Are BT going to make BT sports pay after a year?

BT Vision contracts are normally only for 12 months, even if the broadband contract is longer.  It's an oddity of the way BT does business.

0 Ratings
Haribo
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

@Ectophile wrote:

BT Vision contracts are normally only for 12 months, even if the broadband contract is longer.  It's an oddity of the way BT does business.

I don't have BT vision.

0 Ratings
fatman_stu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I took out infinity 1 which is only a 12 month contract for this reason, I can weigh up if the service i've been given is good or not. If it is i'll sign up again if not go elsewhere. Up to now its been poor as I still don't have any sort of service from anyone thanks to bt messing up.

0 Ratings