cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Are the NowTV packages really that flexible?

Hi,

I currently have the legacy Max HD package and am tempted to move to the NowTV packages. MyBT is showing a really good offer for the VIP package for the first four months which then jumps up to £65.

Can i start with VIP and then from month 5 'downgrade' to entertainment? Can this easily be done via MyBT or will i need to phone up?

I also note that as i started following the order process through for the VIP package i would receive the new Box Pro. What would happen if i then downgrade? Would be a pain if i need to swap the box.

Would be good to hear from anyone with first hand experience. Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Are the NowTV packages really that flexible?

We've got the VIP package and tbh even though we only watch the occasional film and odd bits and bobs from History and the Sky Channels, I keep it on VIP because dropping movies would only save me a couple of quid a month because I'd need to pay for the HD Boost for Sky Sports and HD Bolt on for BT Sport and AMC. But yes, in theory you can upgrade and downgrade on a monthly basis. You wouldn't have to return the box. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, and presumably as you have the VIP package, there's an option in MyBT for you to change package to something else if you want to?

Keen to make sure it's nice and simple as unlikely to want to remain on VIP

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Yep, you manage your passes through the MyBT app. You change packs once a month. You have to have an active pass for the duration of your contract though

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes you can change your package once a month. 

I would put in an order too change your package a week or two before your VIP offer ends. If you dont want to keep VIP as it may take a few days for BT to change over your VIP package to another one. 

You have to keep the Now Entertainment package as thats part of your 24 months TV contract but you can change any other Now TV package once a month.

Im on the Now Big Entertainment package with HD add on as got little interest in getting any of the sports channels and think the extra cost would be a waste of money for me.

Darren

0 Ratings